I WILL NEVER GIVE UP! You hear me Red? NEVER

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-23-2013

I'm interested in a reply.

seductiveasian

01-23-2013

Dumb idea OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfang View Post
this makes no sense

lets use starcraft 2 for this illustation as what you are asking is escentially the same thing

you are a gold league player in 1v1 but in 2v2 you are silver and in 3v3 you are a diamond player

you think your 3v3 ranking should be displayed for your 1v1 ranking when it is a different battlefield? that goes against how rank systems work, even applys to league, the only and i mean the ONLY point you can argue is the separation of solo/duo and full team queues but even then, that isnt all that valid because your team is a gold rank but without your team you are a silver

your idea is flawed and there is nothing wrong with the current system, what you are asking would cause more toxic behavior from these child mentality players saying "im better than you took at my gold star i earned by my friends working together"

ill probably get downvotes by the op for this but what he is asking is just dumb as i have shown in this post that each thing he is asking for contradicts why he has the rank displayed because of his friends being either more skilled than him or they just work together better
^this

edit: now im confused what op is saying so my stance will just be the quote above

Icetech2

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
I'm interested in a reply.
Same with me. This is the first time I got a red response on a forum post that I made. This makes it so much more important to me. I don't mind waiting for a reply and I don't care how long it takes, I just want a response.

ElDynamite

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfang View Post
this makes no sense

lets use starcraft 2 for this illustation as what you are asking is escentially the same thing

you are a gold league player in 1v1 but in 2v2 you are silver and in 3v3 you are a diamond player

you think your 3v3 ranking should be displayed for your 1v1 ranking when it is a different battlefield? that goes against how rank systems work, even applys to league, the only and i mean the ONLY point you can argue is the separation of solo/duo and full team queues but even then, that isnt all that valid because your team is a gold rank but without your team you are a silver

your idea is flawed and there is nothing wrong with the current system, what you are asking would cause more toxic behavior from these child mentality players saying "im better than you took at my gold star i earned by my friends working together"

ill probably get downvotes by the op for this but what he is asking is just dumb as i have shown in this post that each thing he is asking for contradicts why he has the rank displayed because of his friends being either more skilled than him or they just work together better
"you think your 3v3 ranking should be displayed for your 1v1 ranking when it is a different battlefield? that goes against how rank systems work, even applys to league"
First off, OP is not arguing that his 3v3 ranking should be displayed for 1v1 battlefields (or however it works, I don't play starcraft), he's arguing that his highest ranked badge should be shown in normal mode. If he's in a ranked q, the badge shown should be that of the specific ranked q.

"what you are asking would cause more toxic behavior from these child mentality players saying "im better than you took at my gold star i earned by my friends working together""
I'm going to use this point to make another point...
"Voting should be made illegal because it promotes toxic behaviour, as differences in political ideology would cause arguements between people and arguements are inherently toxic."

"because of his friends being either more skilled than him or they just work together better"
Teamwork is an important skill... Let me make another point again...
"I'm tired of people being able to finish their builds early because they're good at CSing even though they don't get many kills. CSing should be eliminated."
Not to mention solo q has the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS... my teammates can be more skilled than me, or my team could work better than the other team. According to your point, a solo q badge would also be invalid.

Also, to all those that say you don't deserve an individual badge for a team effort: solo q is also a team effort, as without teamwork, you're not going to become platinum. So we should remove solo q badges too, right? After all, that badge should only show when I'm playing with the exact same people I won the badge with.

Icetech2

01-23-2013

Never played StarCraft so I wouldn't know.

Goku Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Bump for Justice

Icetech2

01-23-2013

Bump

Icetech2

01-23-2013

bump

Icetech2

01-23-2013

Bump for reply

Icetech2

01-23-2013

Bump for reply