Definition Of ARAM? DOES ANYONE REMEMBER

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fort Castle1rst

01-18-2013

Am i the only one who cares about what ARAM used to be A REAL TRAINING GAME FOR RANKED now its just a game where everyone has to suecide, plus wasnt this the idea of people in the first place.

What piss me most of this ARAM is how no one cares about the REAL ARAM witch was awesome for rank and that no one cares about now it seems, plus the name IS STILL THE SAME WHY WOULD ANYONE GO MID theres only one lane when i host the real map people keep pissing me off with the wrong map when this game needs or used to need ( i didnt see the last updates on this map) but seeing how riot now claim Proving Ground as ARAM just really fkin piss me off, its insulting to the real game and all the people who used to respect each other to make this game really awesome

It seems like riot has no respect for people who get brilliant ideas, i wouldnt want people to do that to me so i always give the honor to people who had the idea, is this game suppose to be encouraging good behaving or be as selfish as riot are for soo many brilliant ideas that all of us community helped this game with

Couldnt you AT LEAST change the game name, this is really disrespectful against the community that riot needs so badly for their game to be poppular and to get better (im probably asking way too much to change the name plus i doubt riot would care to find better or to make it work seems like a lot of trouble for nothing i could understand but my 2 points remains)

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

a training for ranked? I always saw it as a stupid slugfest that you could only win if you had enough team over substain and poke... or Sion.. a game mode for people who are bored..

where did this idea of training for ranked (last hitting, warding, jungle route coverage to know where the enemy is without seeing him, you know... the stuff that matters in a ranked game?) become (lets all head in one lane and not come back.. and have a slugfest.. if you enter the bushes you're a cheater)

oh... and the second paragraph... totally hipster (I'm sorry.. that wasn't a compliment)

Fort Castle1rst

01-18-2013

i hardly doubt anyone will care about this thread,
1 people dont like me much as all my other threads i noticed,
2 people dont care (meaning our society doesnt encourage respect and honor as much as i heard and believed we should)
3 riot has a lot better to be working on and i heard their policy is no credit given to people or something from a friend yesterday it was really lame hearing it was actually one of their policy (me who had so much hope into these guys)

so dont bother much about this šlameš thread, guess hope is the only thing that i am looking for here, thinking today humanity would have much more respect then we used to have toward each other

Fort Castle1rst

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanschyso View Post
a training for ranked? I always saw it as a stupid slugfest that you could only win if you had enough team over substain and poke... or Sion.. a game mode for people who are bored..

where did this idea of training for ranked (last hitting, warding, jungle route coverage to know where the enemy is without seeing him, you know... the stuff that matters in a ranked game?) become (lets all head in one lane and not come back.. and have a slugfest.. if you enter the bushes you're a cheater)

oh... and the second paragraph... totally hipster (I'm sorry.. that wasn't a compliment)
i didnt say it was a good training (he did but i agreed eventually he had really good convincing points about it) also it was the real aram map i mean not proving ground, this map is horrible for training thats my point, but eventually i learn to understand he was right learning to survive mid not having so much cash income witch means survivers win more then proving ground or arab and no crappy health packs (witch makes This Aram ProvinGround More like ARAB in MOST cases, witch makes it even MORE INSULTING to call it Aram and for the REAL ARAM game),
learning patience team work survival learning to lane without dying for a looooong time (he probably ment only for the starting lane part and it did help and make sence) but its probably for bottom laning since you dont get to lane with teamates else where exept from jungler

newbin

01-18-2013

When Aram was Summoner Rift, it was great for training for ranked. It improved my ranked game play alot in Season 1. It helped me with positioning, being conservative with my build, and Team battles. Knowing when to back off and when to commit is huge when going up in elo. Proving grounds is actually a bad thing for anyone learning the game. It's too easy and forgiving. It's more like a team based frag fest then a team battle.

If They do do a queue for aram, it needs to have a minimim level requirement to maintain this games integrity and Because playing with people who don't know the game well is almost as bad as intentionally feeding in Aram they just get slaughtered.

I always join SR when they are hosted I do miss them very much.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Having grown up on season 1 SR ARAMs and having played Proving Grounds multiple times a day, I can definitely say that they are drastically different.

ARAMs originally made you learn champion skills and how to be efficient and tactical about it, since there was no mana regen buff. You had to take heal/clarity for the sustain unless you had a champion that needed to use flash to win fights (Fiddlesticks, Alistar, Amumu). You couldn't just spam skills willy nilly like in Proving Grounds (get a chalice and never oom) and had to be smart about what skills you used when. There was no ambient gold nor exp, and champion kills actually mattered.

The entire game was focused on champion-champion interactions. You learned how your champion matched up with your team and the opposing team. You could figure out combos, work on aiming skill shot poke, and learning when to commit based on both teams' capabilities.

In short, they're both fun, they're both different, and the ARAM title merely refers to the "rule of the game". Modern ARAM is what most people know as "Proving Grounds", whereas Classic ARAM was the tactical version based in Summoner's Rift, relying on the honor system for people not to cheat.

Innervating locket was also still a thing. A very good thing to get on ARAM if your champ could spam. Infinite Sona sustain ftw.

xWaRxPwNeRx

01-18-2013

swagyolo

EternalDevote

01-19-2013

The new 'ARAM' map does help a couple issues that happened with doing ARAM in a SR map, many having to do with the lack of setting 'modes' like in DotA to stop minions from spawning in the other lanes.

1. Minions pushing top/bot lanes by themselves giving the enemy team 150 gold (per tower) without having to do anything. (There's also the chance that the minions push the lane so hard that one team can have 0 towers while the other has all their towers.)
2. Minions destroying inhibs and joining the fight in the 'All Middle'. (Also makes it impossible to do anything but defend when top and/or bot lanes get their inhibs destroyed by minions.)
3. Stops people from trolling by going to a different lane to try to end the game because they're losing/stupid/etc.
4. Stops people from breaking the imposed rule of not going back to base. (Depends on host.)
5. Stops people from secretly killing jungle creeps. (If a team doesn't tell you that player X is doing it.)
6. Stops a complete shutdown caused by one team being extremely high level with no chance of even coming close enough to minions to gain experience. (Rare but granted it can happen with enough poke/cc while they're intentionally sitting behind YOUR minions instead of theirs just waiting for you to come close for experience.)

Of course the new map did end up with making it harder to run out of mana, thus changing how ARAM was/is played. (Of course a tactical approach can still beat a "I'll spam my abilities 471587158 times and win.")
All the while it being a 'Training map' isn't that great especially since you aren't training to play SR itself (Sure it may use the SR map but it has a totally different feel along with builds that will work in SR ARAM but not in ranked SR.)

All ARAM did was help you to get a 'feel'/practice with the champions ability, not actually learn how to play Ranked SR better. (Which by the way Normal SR works better as a 'training' map for Ranked SR than a completely different mode/setup.) 'Insert comment about Normal SR having little skill/etc here'. (Well duh that's the whole point of 'training', and there's no way to get 'hardmode' training until Riot finally adds all the AI difficulties of the Co-Op vs AI.) Besides SR ARAM had the same, if not less, chance of getting players who weren't skilled as a Normal SR.

tl;dr Calling it ARAM may seem 'stupid' if there's only 1 lane but adding 2 other lanes just to have it make sense is not worth the time adding 2 other lanes, especially when it plays the same with the exception of their added 'features'. (Removing the Jungle/Other lanes also turned a soft implied rule/imposition into a impossible thing to break AKA going to other lanes.)

Blackra56

01-19-2013

Everyone begged for a map like this to play aram on. Also i never got a sense of "respect" or whatever from aram players. They were always full of q dodgers and people who bent the rules. I don't understand how fulfilling a communities wishes is disrespectful.

Cupiter

01-20-2013

Stop enjoying the game and playing it the way you want to play it! I'm the boss here and I say that once a game mode starts out as something it has to stay as that forever! They're so disrespectful to the game mode, creating a map designed just for it.