Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Melee Carries: Lessons from DotA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archyboy

01-17-2013

Quote:
bob000:
A bruiser that happens to do as much damage as a carry is known as a carry.

Problem is he scales fast to hyper carry mode.

SavagePrisonerSP

01-18-2013

I agree. Might I also add that Darius himself makes it not viable to ever pick a melee carry in blind pick. If you're going top, you're forced to play someone who can poke JUST to counter ONE guy. And the thing is, there isn't really a situational counter to Darius unless you get fed and deal way more damage than him. Yeah, you could build health and armor, but what's the point of a 0 damage tryndamere or Fiora?

7thHeaven

01-18-2013

Quote:
SavagePrisonerSP:
I agree. Might I also add that Darius himself makes it not viable to ever pick a melee carry in blind pick. If you're going top, you're forced to play someone who can poke JUST to counter ONE guy. And the thing is, there isn't really a situational counter to Darius unless you get fed and deal way more damage than him. Yeah, you could build health and armor, but what's the point of a 0 damage tryndamere or Fiora?

Fiora still deal 0 dmg even you build as glasscannon , you die before hit someone

Cerulean Laser

01-18-2013

OP is a Genius = instant upvote

Neroth

01-18-2013

Sion with:
BKB
Hydra
PD
IE
BT
GA

GG.

Labomba

01-18-2013

I disagree with your short list of viable LoL melee carries. I would also say that assassins are just as capable of carrying a game.

7thHeaven

01-18-2013

Quote:
Labomba:
I disagree with your short list of viable LoL melee carries. I would also say that assassins are just as capable of carrying a game.

Even stupid AD mage can be carry when they are fed