Melee Carries: Lessons from DotA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archyboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob000 View Post
A bruiser that happens to do as much damage as a carry is known as a carry.
Problem is he scales fast to hyper carry mode.

SavagePrisonerSP

01-18-2013

I agree. Might I also add that Darius himself makes it not viable to ever pick a melee carry in blind pick. If you're going top, you're forced to play someone who can poke JUST to counter ONE guy. And the thing is, there isn't really a situational counter to Darius unless you get fed and deal way more damage than him. Yeah, you could build health and armor, but what's the point of a 0 damage tryndamere or Fiora?

7thHeaven

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavagePrisonerSP View Post
I agree. Might I also add that Darius himself makes it not viable to ever pick a melee carry in blind pick. If you're going top, you're forced to play someone who can poke JUST to counter ONE guy. And the thing is, there isn't really a situational counter to Darius unless you get fed and deal way more damage than him. Yeah, you could build health and armor, but what's the point of a 0 damage tryndamere or Fiora?
Fiora still deal 0 dmg even you build as glasscannon , you die before hit someone

Cerulean Laser

01-18-2013

OP is a Genius = instant upvote

Neroth

01-18-2013

Sion with:
BKB
Hydra
PD
IE
BT
GA

GG.

Labomba

01-18-2013

I disagree with your short list of viable LoL melee carries. I would also say that assassins are just as capable of carrying a game.

7thHeaven

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labomba View Post
I disagree with your short list of viable LoL melee carries. I would also say that assassins are just as capable of carrying a game.
Even stupid AD mage can be carry when they are fed