When do I play Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tavish777

01-14-2013

So I just got Nasus, and I love the concept of him. I like his kit a lot but I just don't know when I should play him... or even where.

If I take him top, 90% of top lane champs have better poke, or better sustain, or just flat out counter him. His E can make them back off and let you farm a his or 2 on his q, but the mana cost keeps you from doing that more than a few times, and all in all you get 9-10 q farms safely. His passive, also, is good, but not enough make up the damage you have to take in order to farm as Nasus.

Jungle Nasus is another option. He clears pretty fast, his W works well when ganking, and you dont have to worry about a wraith calling out "Power Slam" and knocking out about 1/3ed of your HP. But, again, farming his q becomes very hard, because you can only get about 1-2 q kills per camp unless you sit and wait for the cool down, thus slowing you down in the jungle.

Mid Nausu... just no... never. You have 0 options you can do here. Yi mid has more than Nausu.

If you go down bot and try to support, you again cant farm your q without stealing your adc's farm, and if you play adc Nasus... well, ima be nice an just say there are better ADCs.

But I still feel like there are team comps that make Nasus valid, I mean, he has to work at some point, all champs do. What should I be looking for? When should I play my sexy egyptian demon puppy? I honestly dont know.

Also, if anyone knows if Nasus is getting any work done. (Visual, Kit changes, ect.) please let me know. I've been told their is a list of champs getting touched up, i just dont know whos on it

A Pillòw

01-14-2013

Top, it's really your only option. I've seen guys sit up there long after the laning phase is over, farming that Q, while their team is getting rolled. Then, finally leave top and completely turn the game around.

And he has plenty of sustain, that passive of his is great.

Soferir

01-14-2013

Let them push to your turret, get a philosopher's stone and other GP items, and then just farm happily right there. Have the jungler gank if they get too annoying, your slow is practically a snare.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

You take top against champions you know can't really do stupid amounts of damage to you, or the ones that push all day and don't ward, go on, feed that jungler. Personally, I play him against champions like Malphite, Chogath, and Vi. Vi has no sticking power so as long as I'm not stupid enough to let her punch me twice, she can't rush in and get the third hit and chunk me. I can sustain just as hard as Chogath, and without his mana which Malphite burns like a MOFO early, he can't really stop a Nasus from farming. But once you get to end game, and you only have ONE AD item and yet outDPS your whole team, you feel like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHDtVuNGrps

Tavish777

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pillw View Post
Top, it's really your only option. I've seen guys sit up there long after the laning phase is over, farming that Q, while their team is getting rolled. Then, finally leave top and completely turn the game around.

And he has plenty of sustain, that passive of his is great.
My problem with top is that most other top champs basicly get to walk past you. Most have some ranged pokes, and your only form of pushing them off of you (your e) they can mostly just walk through. His sustain is good, but not enough to overcome the blows you'll take from not being able to keep the enemy top lane off your back for more then 3 sec.

Maybe I've just had alot of bad match ups. I really just dont know who to play Nasus against. I mean, I like that with enough time, he can turn any game around, but thats kind of lost if you lose your lane in all of 15min. I, much like everyone else here, am not a fan of losing my tower. I know there is no champ that is always good, everyone has their counters, but I feel like almost EVERYONE is Nasus' counter.

EDIT: Thanks Soferir and Jamaree for the advice.

Whispy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

You should play nasus vs someone like jax destroy his attack speed, works with wukung too

destructionX

01-14-2013

go against jax and darius. they cant touch you.

jax- oh you want to leap on me? ok do that bit of damage while i use whither and q on your and get the majority of my life back while you take more damage and lose all your dps because of whither

darius- ult when he ults. and laugh as he stays away from you because he cant use q. or if he just trys farming. he cant push the lane. if he even tries to you just use whither and laugh as your jungler comes and you feed on a champ with no escapes

Pinker 10

01-14-2013

You play nasus as an ap mid against Galio and similar mid champions.

Nemeroth

01-14-2013

How to play Nasus:
Early game: farm farm farm, get bullied
Mid game: farm farm farm, get bullied
Late game: DESTROY EVERYTHING

Elf Elix

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeroth View Post
How to play Nasus:
Early game: farm farm farm, get bullied
Mid game: farm farm farm, get bullied
Late game: DESTROY EVERYTHING
Meh you can build pretty tanky and still do a lot of damage.

jungle nasus is ok too, lotta' sustain and his W? Perfect ganking opportunities.