Purple VS Blue POLL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Archer

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultSwimXL View Post
For those that play fixed screen will know what im talking about. When you play purple team you really cannot see anything till your dead. The way vision is set on that side of map it makes the champ really impared. Who would like to see them have an option in settings to mirror image flip the map when u play purple team? post comments plz
2nd idea http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/u...psa1a245c1.jpg
Dude, they give you that disadvantage because purple caster minions are op.

I don't even see what's wrong. If a person on blue stands on the same spot as someone on purple, they would see then same thing

Wiltsee

01-19-2013

it takes getting used to, and when you do it doesn't matter.

outside of this i think blue has a slight advantage because of the bottom lane is set up. i think there were articles about this on RoG and ****.

but if both teams have been playing long enough, it'll always be decided by the same factors that decide every game; teamfights, smart laning, farming, and objectives. this proves that, really, it's kind of irrelevant.

edit: btw playing with the camera unlocked is an advantage. it does make you better at the game by making you more aware of your surroundings, and less focused on your immediate area. i'm sure some people think it's just a preference issue, but you should probably learn to unlock your camera and get used moving without looking at yourself the whole time.

UgIierBetty

01-19-2013

I agree. I know I have a lot of excuses, and my situation can easily be solved, but hear me out.

A lot of league players come from games like Starcraft where you HAVE to play without a fixed screen. League is the first rts game I've EVER played, so fixed screen is the only camera position I can play with. Additionally, I play on a laptop without a mouse, so I have a lot of trouble moving the camera around: hence why I need to play on fixed.

I notice when I'm on the purple side, I cannot see as well. For example, Nidalee was my 3rd champion to buy. (i.e. I was still pretty bad at the game), on the blue side I could hit champions with my spear no problem, but on the purple side I couldn't see the champions to hit, so I always missed.

But I'm not campaigning to change the game at all, I'm just explaining where the TS is coming from.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-19-2013

Honestly, the change people like the OP should be asking for is to make unlocked the default. From level 1.

That's Riot's major problem here. Locked camera is the default, and even if the tutorial explains how to unlock it, the default remains locked camera, so people like UglierBetty just learn to play with a locked camera.

KnightxSScarlett

01-19-2013

If Riot never had locked cam in the first place, no one would be complaining because they'd learn to play unlocked. But the problem is that people learn to play locked and don't get better until they learn that unlocked is the better option.

nipnugget

01-19-2013

I used to play fixed screen until my friend told me how bad it was, you have less vision, getting used to free screen is hard i admit, but once you get used to it it's much better. I keep the screen in one spot until i have to move it. Also hitting space will be your best friend in getting used to it.

buddynickles

03-18-2013

I also think blue team gets an advantage with baron. Blue team has a slightly higher win rate than purple team. Higher elo players get put on purple team, this shows that they are unbalanced. I play with an unlocked cam and still find i win less when on the purple team. In ranked matches is does not make as big of a different, but in other matches even tournament play it does. The baron especially can mean the difference between a win and a loss.

MrDeadlifter

03-18-2013

If you play with the camera locked you're already asking for a loss lol.