Purple VS Blue POLL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

o Visu V o

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillxIGotThis View Post
You people always complaining on being Purple side don't deserve to be on the Field of Justice. And before you retort something unintelligent, I play with a locked camera. This redundant LoL thread has got to stop.

Yes, I play with a locked camera. Do I feel I'm at a disadvantage? Hell no I don't. I'm confident in my own abilities to know exactly what I need to to Bot Lane, no matter what my role is.

This constant complaining has got to end somewhere. Do you guys honestly think RIOT will implement a feature catering to only 2 players at all times? NO one NEEDS a ridiculous feature like flipping the map for you.
ok no one is consistantly complaining about anything. its just a poll/discussion. not a protest and not ppl trying to force something on riot. just a discussion.... no one has been rude / immature / disrespectful till now. one ting to remember. not everyone is like the next person.what is easy for one might not be remotely the smae for the next. so if something that someone else cant do annoys you then do your best to just respect that they have the inability to be "as good as you" and dont say stuff to make them feel worse like your trying to do now. im glad to se ethat u dont have any problems but like i said, not everyone is you.

o Visu V o

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
There's a few issues with trying to change the camera angle.

First, not everybody will be happy having their camera switched. If you make it an option, that in and of itself will cause problems in the form of miscommunication. "He's above you!" in one camera angle would mean, "He's to your right!" in another, and without knowing what camera angle everyone is using, there would be no way to know what they meant.

Second, I am pretty sure the maps were designed with the one camera angle in mind. While it doesn't necessarily mean there will be a problem, there are likely unfinished map elements that are hidden due to the camera angle, meaning that Riot would yet again need to update the map, which is a large-scale project with little revenue return for them. I am not getting in to whether or not I would like to see them do this, but the fact remains that Riot is a business and needs to keep the bottom line in mind. Adding this unfinished elements can also mean degraded performance for people with lower-end computers.
i do understand everything your saying and i respect your statement. one thing to remember is that with correct use of PING's "G+V" there would no communication issues.

o Visu V o

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
It's already been beaten to death in a thousand other topics. League is the ONLY MOBA that offers some way to easily lock your screen (I don't believe HoN does, and I know DotA 1/2 don't). Locking the camera puts you at a disadvantage, and you really, really should learn to play without it. I know it can be a pain, but it's a skill you need to develop if you want to progress further.

If Riot were to come out with a fix for this that wouldn't impact the game at all, none of us would care. We'd go about our lives using non-fixed camera and not think about it. However, that would be difficult. On top of that, the number of people who use locked camera is a fraction of the number of people who are colorblind - and players who use locked camera do so out of choice. Riot is most likely not going to put time and effort into fixing a handicap players put on themselves.
like i said b4. its not us putting a handycap on ourselves,some ppl just cannot play without lock..... it may be hard for you to grasp but i dont expect you to understand. for me its this. countless after countless games with trying to play unlocked this is what happens to me. !st i lose my champ and with looking other places i dont see the immediate attack on myself if i am panning to watch others or got my cam off myself. 2nd i lose myself. i get confused on where i am and die. 3rd i cannot learn to control exactly where the camera goes,sometimes i can but mostly it spirals out of control and i see nothing but jungle or edge of map resulting in my death. this may be pathedic to most of you but i could care less. i know i have given it countless efforts to play that way and may still keep trying but it always ends the same way for me bc of one reason. "i am not and cannot be a multi tasker" yes this may not let me progress in the game and this may not let me be as good as i want to be or get as far as i want and i understand that this is mostly what all of u think about is how to make themselves better.well in my statement to me its a "GAME" to ahve fun with. i may not take it as seriously but i do want to have fun.

ChillxIGotThis

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultSwimXL View Post
ok no one is consistantly complaining about anything. its just a poll/discussion. not a protest and not ppl trying to force something on riot. just a discussion.... no one has been rude / immature / disrespectful till now. one ting to remember. not everyone is like the next person.what is easy for one might not be remotely the smae for the next. so if something that someone else cant do annoys you then do your best to just respect that they have the inability to be "as good as you" and dont say stuff to make them feel worse like your trying to do now. im glad to se ethat u dont have any problems but like i said, not everyone is you.
I'm not really annoyed with you per say, and I'm not necessarily trying to be all out negative, I've have just seen this thread over and over again, much like the ones pertaining to role queuing. Please allow me to try and redeem myself.

You said you tried playing against Bots with the free roam camera. I know it's a hassle, but try playing with your thumb on the space bar to keep it locked, and then when you feel you can't see anything, remove your thumb, and scroll around. Lock back on with your thumb when you need to center yourself.

alcibiades5410

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan292 View Post
Who plays fixed screen?
This. If you haven't learned to pan or at least use your arrow keys yet, you're a hindrance to your team no matter which side of the map you're on. That being said, I hate starting purple side.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Learn to play the right way then. I use both locked camera and unlocked. That was one of the biggest impacts of my improvement. Sure I like blue side WAY better, but there's hardly a difference. I mostly use lock screen to find myself within chaotic teamfights so that I don't lose myself and I know what I'm able to do (instead of, for example, trying to cast a spell thinking I'm someone else and my champion ends up running to that spot and I waste time, instead of playing based of my position).

The map is not 100% symmetrical, and that's on purpose. Go to the interface and make your UI scales as small as they can be. That erases the "Purple side is so hard" problem, by granting exquisite vision.

As with everyone else, blaming your bad play(s) on being purple team isn't the fault of the map, it's the players not playing properly. If you struggle with which side you're on, then that's nobody's fault but your own.

Yes I PREFER Blue Team, but I don't care. I'm not pawning anything on the fact that I'm purple side. You can have your preferences, sure, but when your dictating significant play differences on which side you're on, then you likely don't deserve to win because something so fundamental and basic.

o Visu V o

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillxIGotThis View Post
I'm not really annoyed with you per say, and I'm not necessarily trying to be all out negative, I've have just seen this thread over and over again, much like the ones pertaining to role queuing. Please allow me to try and redeem myself.

You said you tried playing against Bots with the free roam camera. I know it's a hassle, but try playing with your thumb on the space bar to keep it locked, and then when you feel you can't see anything, remove your thumb, and scroll around. Lock back on with your thumb when you need to center yourself.
i will give that a try. i do have yet another compramise tat would help and is not a big change and does not push anyone into any sort of lack of communication. a twist of the map so that everyone "on both teams" have the same advantages/disadvantages wether they are locked or unlocked. the solution is even more simple than my previous statement of mirroring. just make the whole map "left to right"......... just like TwistedTreeline...... there problem solved and no more thread posts by anyone. no matter how many people learn to play unlocked there will always be thousands of ppl starting off and still cant do it that will keep reposting this same thread. so a slight angle pitch for summoners rift and problem solved. then both teams will have a disadvantage on seeing whats under them but will be fixed on seing everything...

o Visu V o

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsthnsatn667 View Post
Learn to play the right way then. I use both locked camera and unlocked. That was one of the biggest impacts of my improvement. Sure I like blue side WAY better, but there's hardly a difference. I mostly use lock screen to find myself within chaotic teamfights so that I don't lose myself and I know what I'm able to do (instead of, for example, trying to cast a spell thinking I'm someone else and my champion ends up running to that spot and I waste time, instead of playing based of my position).

The map is not 100% symmetrical, and that's on purpose. Go to the interface and make your UI scales as small as they can be. That erases the "Purple side is so hard" problem, by granting exquisite vision.

As with everyone else, blaming your bad play(s) on being purple team isn't the fault of the map, it's the players not playing properly. If you struggle with which side you're on, then that's nobody's fault but your own.

Yes I PREFER Blue Team, but I don't care. I'm not pawning anything on the fact that I'm purple side. You can have your preferences, sure, but when your dictating significant play differences on which side you're on, then you likely don't deserve to win because something so fundamental and basic.
please read previous statements and posts b4 stating things already covered. and saying"learn to play the right way" is not respectful at all and completely wrong bc there is no wrong or right way. to each their own.

o Visu V o

Mothalius

01-17-2013

I think the map would look too symmetrical and boring were it like that. I know it's symmetrical now, but not on a vertical/horizontal axis.

*puts on scarf and black rimmed glasses*
"I hated purple side before purple side was hated."