Purple VS Blue POLL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mothalius

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultSwimXL View Post
For those that play fixed screen will know what im talking about. When you play purple team you really cannot see anything till your dead. The way vision is set on that side of map it makes the champ really impared. Who would like to see them have an option in settings to mirror image flip the map when u play purple team? post comments plz
Yah man. I mean, when I'M purple, I know that my monitor might as well be off. Cause it's basically the same thing. Can't see anything.

-____________-

Boagster

01-17-2013

I don't understand these complaints. You know you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by not learning to play with the camera unlocked, insist upon a fix, but refuse to accept the solution that's already in existence. That's like trying to play baseball with a bat that's too long for you, knowing there's a shorter bat in the dugout, but insisting on using the longer bat, anyway, while asking the umpire to be more accommodating in his calls for you.

Onij

01-17-2013

I used to play with a locked camera but this is really the reason I stopped. The UI covers the bottom of the screen so when you're defending bot, pushing top, or just playing mid, often times you can't even see your opponent. I think if they do anything they just need to make it so if you're on the purple team the camera focuses on you, but pans down a little bit.

o Visu V o

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
I don't understand these complaints. You know you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by not learning to play with the camera unlocked, insist upon a fix, but refuse to accept the solution that's already in existence. That's like trying to play baseball with a bat that's too long for you, knowing there's a shorter bat in the dugout, but insisting on using the longer bat, anyway, while asking the umpire to be more accommodating in his calls for you.
well first im not insisting on anything. im mearly wanting to see what other ppl say around this subject. as far as learning to play fixed screen goes. well i have set up many bot matches and played countless games trying to learn how to do this. well long story short,despite my efforts i always fail. its not that i dont try,i just cant get a grasp on playing that way,just like some people cant swim. so yes i have tried to learn for countless weeks with utter fail.that may sound pathedic but i could care less bc i play the way that workd for me.to each their own.

o Visu V o

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onij View Post
I used to play with a locked camera but this is really the reason I stopped. The UI covers the bottom of the screen so when you're defending bot, pushing top, or just playing mid, often times you can't even see your opponent. I think if they do anything they just need to make it so if you're on the purple team the camera focuses on you, but pans down a little bit.
that is also a good idea. or mayb like in DOTA2. when you fix your screen on DOTA2,if you move your mouse around our champion it slightly moves the camera in that direction while staying fixed giving small amounts of vision around you. kind of like a rubber band. that is also a good idea.or instead of mirroring the map for purple team, make the main base at the bottom right of the screen and the blue base top left of screen. still a different view but same concept.

Boagster

01-17-2013

Let me add this to all your locked-camera enthusiasts: In your refusal to learn to play with an unlocked camera, have you tried any of the other solutions available? Making sure the background on the lower UI is removed and trying to scale down your UI to the smallest playable size. Neither is as good as unlocking the camera, but they can help greatly and are alternative solutions already at your disposal.

ChillxIGotThis

Recruiter

01-17-2013

You people always complaining on being Purple side don't deserve to be on the Field of Justice. And before you retort something unintelligent, I play with a locked camera. This redundant LoL thread has got to stop.

Yes, I play with a locked camera. Do I feel I'm at a disadvantage? Hell no I don't. I'm confident in my own abilities to know exactly what I need to to Bot Lane, no matter what my role is.

This constant complaining has got to end somewhere. Do you guys honestly think RIOT will implement a feature catering to only 2 players at all times? NO one NEEDS a ridiculous feature like flipping the map for you.

o Visu V o

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
Let me add this to all your locked-camera enthusiasts: In your refusal to learn to play with an unlocked camera, have you tried any of the other solutions available? Making sure the background on the lower UI is removed and trying to scale down your UI to the smallest playable size. Neither is as good as unlocking the camera, but they can help greatly and are alternative solutions already at your disposal.
read earlier posts. never said we didnt try. and yes all ui is small.its not the ui that impares its the angle. on blue team u can see the top edge of the fog of war thus seeing the enemy's feet ahead of time. on purple the fog reaches past the actual screen so rendering them about a 10-20 ft headstart on ganking. yes i know wards are available but wards cannot be placed at ever inch of the map while trying to maintain items.

adc

01-17-2013

It's already been beaten to death in a thousand other topics. League is the ONLY MOBA that offers some way to easily lock your screen (I don't believe HoN does, and I know DotA 1/2 don't). Locking the camera puts you at a disadvantage, and you really, really should learn to play without it. I know it can be a pain, but it's a skill you need to develop if you want to progress further.

If Riot were to come out with a fix for this that wouldn't impact the game at all, none of us would care. We'd go about our lives using non-fixed camera and not think about it. However, that would be difficult. On top of that, the number of people who use locked camera is a fraction of the number of people who are colorblind - and players who use locked camera do so out of choice. Riot is most likely not going to put time and effort into fixing a handicap players put on themselves.

Boagster

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultSwimXL View Post
that is also a good idea. or mayb like in DOTA2. when you fix your screen on DOTA2,if you move your mouse around our champion it slightly moves the camera in that direction while staying fixed giving small amounts of vision around you. kind of like a rubber band. that is also a good idea.or instead of mirroring the map for purple team, make the main base at the bottom right of the screen and the blue base top left of screen. still a different view but same concept.
There's a few issues with trying to change the camera angle.

First, not everybody will be happy having their camera switched. If you make it an option, that in and of itself will cause problems in the form of miscommunication. "He's above you!" in one camera angle would mean, "He's to your right!" in another, and without knowing what camera angle everyone is using, there would be no way to know what they meant.

Second, I am pretty sure the maps were designed with the one camera angle in mind. While it doesn't necessarily mean there will be a problem, there are likely unfinished map elements that are hidden due to the camera angle, meaning that Riot would yet again need to update the map, which is a large-scale project with little revenue return for them. I am not getting in to whether or not I would like to see them do this, but the fact remains that Riot is a business and needs to keep the bottom line in mind. Adding this unfinished elements can also mean degraded performance for people with lower-end computers.