Can we make Baron and Dragon awesome like Vilemaw?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cleril

01-17-2013

Vilemaw is just awesome. I've never seen a boss character in any MOBA with actual flipping abilities like Vilemaws web attack (literal and a pun all in one).

Baron and Dragon are just boring to fight against though. Sure, Vilemaw isn't complex to fight or requiring any different strategy than just "spam dem skills till dead" but at least he reacts in a more creative and engaging way. Vilemaw helps the map feel more alive at the very least due to this.

Can we make the same treatment for Baron and Dragon? Baron already has some stuff but it's not visually interesting.

Imagine Baron for example grabs your champion and burrows into the river for a moment. He'll be unable to take damage for a second and then spits out said champion dealing damage.

Or Dragon swoops up and then down breathing a trail of fire where if you stand in it you take damage over time.

These are just examples but I'm sure Riot can think of even better and more engaging ideas. This thread is just a reason for them to put it on the to do list.

Shirt Cannon

01-17-2013

And Vilemaw actually does damage, unlike Baron and Dragon. I would love for them to make them both like Vile. +1

AxeRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo226 View Post
And Vilemaw actually does damage, unlike Baron and Dragon. I would love for them to make them both like Vile. +1
no vile maw deals aoe physical dmg with armour shred as opposed to the single target magic dmg that baron deals. Baron does have a few diferent skills that he uses,

MeKnowKungfu

01-17-2013

ok.. and riot says duck my sick.. GG OP

Cleril

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeRaider View Post
no vile maw deals aoe physical dmg with armour shred as opposed to the single target magic dmg that baron deals. Baron does have a few diferent skills that he uses,
Sure but he still isn't terribly good looking to fight.

Another idea for Baron, he vomits green in a circle around his Arena. Standing in it does damage over time and slows you.

If you're gonna do Baron, you better commit. >

Slinkywheel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

I think dragon should get a cone attack like annie's W, and maybe a tail whip that knocks back people.

Baron already has some "abilities" but they could be visually improved to make it more interesting.

Iustis

01-17-2013

He also dances with you if you dance. Baron and Dragon you used to be cool.

Critmaster Garen

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iustis View Post
He also dances with you if you dance. Baron and Dragon you used to be cool.
i think that only works with elise.

Cleril

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMelchorI View Post
i think that only works with elise.
It's just a random chance affair. Videos on youtube show Hecarim doing it too.

Warfie

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleril View Post
It's just a random chance affair. Videos on youtube show Hecarim doing it too.
Actually you can do it with any champ, you just need more than one to start dancing within 5 seconds of each other.