Fixing Catalyst

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enterti

Senior Member

01-17-2013

According to Xypherous catalyst is in a weak spot right now unless you are building it for ROA. Lets think of some ways to improve the item and discuss why it is so weak.

Personally I think it is weak becasue it is very pigeonholed as far as items it builds into and the fact that crystalline flask exists.

In order to make it stronger I think it needs more build paths or a change on its passive. I think my ideal change to its passive would be to turn it into an active that stores one charge upon level up with a cap of either one or two charges. This would improve its use in lane as well as in fights by making it a more usable item vs the passive item it currently is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cloud Potato

Senior Member

01-17-2013

I think the Helath on it is too low. 200 is barely highe than the Ruby Crystal it builds from.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoram

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
According to Xypherous catalyst is in a weak spot right now unless you are building it for ROA. Lets think of some ways to improve the item and discuss why it is so weak.

Personally I think it is weak becasue it is very pigeonholed as far as items it builds into and the fact that crystalline flask exists.

In order to make it stronger I think it needs more build paths or a change on its passive. I think my ideal change to its passive would be to turn it into an active that stores one charge upon level up with a cap of either one or two charges. This would improve its use in lane as well as in fights by making it a more usable item vs the passive item it currently is.
what you suggest is what everyone has suggested since the inception of the game and there is no reason not to have it work that way. It would just simply need an obvious cooldown, say 2 minutes or so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enterti

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoram View Post
what you suggest is what everyone has suggested since the inception of the game and there is no reason not to have it work that way. It would just simply need an obvious cooldown, say 2 minutes or so.
I think having it stored on level would be a better idea, if it only had a charge time, even of two minutes, it would become too strong during fights IMO.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worst Sejuani

Senior Member

01-17-2013

I had an interesting (in my opinion) idea for Catalyst

Instead of it having the passive, I'd give it a regenerative active that could be used a certain amount of times, however each use would consume some of the items power (reducing its stats). Upgrading the catalyst wouldn't be affected by the consumption as it's a different item. But, eh, it'd give it some use in that "i can't quite afford to buy RoA straight up and I want a safer item in lane" sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enterti

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worst Sejuani View Post
I had an interesting (in my opinion) idea for Catalyst

Instead of it having the passive, I'd give it a regenerative active that could be used a certain amount of times, however each use would consume some of the items power (reducing its stats). Upgrading the catalyst wouldn't be affected by the consumption as it's a different item. But, eh, it'd give it some use in that "i can't quite afford to buy RoA straight up and I want a safer item in lane" sense.
Actually if you are building ROA catalyst is still really good simply because of all the sustain it offers. The passive on it is like having all 3 flask charges go off at once in the same timeframe that one takes. It is when you are not wanting ROA that it has problems.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kresterz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
Actually if you are building ROA catalyst is still really good simply because of all the sustain it offers. The passive on it is like having all 3 flask charges go off at once in the same timeframe that one takes. It is when you are not wanting ROA that it has problems.
I think having it on per level is kind of long at level 7+. I also don't like how limited it's build optinos are, plus the base health it gives is a bit low