500 wins to play ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vayne Moonshine

01-17-2013

most people can get 200 wins before level 30 pretty easily. I think around 300-400 wins should be appropriate...

kieronz

01-17-2013

I think 500 is a bit excessive... Started ranking at around 250 wins

Little Joster

01-17-2013

I think "x number of wins" is really arbitrary, though I do understand your point.

Even if you went with 500 wins, each win won't signify an actual increase in understanding or skill with the game. I started playing League in Season 2, but only played unranked blind pick 3's with a buddy who introduced me to the game. We were so awful.

Eventually we thought we were good and switched to 5's. It was a whole new game. I didn't even know what I should be doing even though I had briefly read up on Summoner's Rift. I took a break from League because I was frustrated and discouraged.

I came back just before the big Season 3 changes hit. I did a lot of research on champs, playstyle, laning strategies, warding, jungling, and started watching streams with explanations of what they were doing. That's what made me better. An interest in learning.

I only have 99 wins this season, and 113 losses. And to be honest, I learn a lot more from the losses than the wins. It's really hard to replicate something that worked in a win. It's much easier to fix the problems and mistakes you made in a loss.

What I'm trying to say with this short novel is that I don't think a number of wins will fix much. The only thing that would truly change the game would be if everyone put in time to really learn from mistakes and learn how to improve, rather than just mindlessly queuing and hoping for a win.

EDIT: Also, I think people providing constructive criticism would go a long way as well. Instead of calling your mid a noob because he's letting his laning opponent roam, remind him that he should either follow them, or push the tower instead of continuing to simply freeze the lane and last hit. Things like that. There's so much negativity thrown around after each mistake that it's hard for anyone to really learn what they did wrong.

Private Riem

01-17-2013

Been asked before.

SOMETHING has to be done. Either add more levels, put a requirement to join ranked or even better, TEACH THE PLAYERS HOW TO PLAY

Seriously, 30 levels and you really don't learn much. New players need more information to guide them on the right path. Right now we have fresh new players that have no idea how to play getting directly into ranked, ruining their chances before they know better. I think we need ingame tips for new players as they level up.

Lothloran

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
I think 250 is probably the Ideal number, though I finally feel pretty much ready at 450.
Considering my wife hit level 30 last night with her 199th win, I don't think 250 wins would stave off trolls too well considering by the time they hit 30 they'd almost have the requisite.

Free Gray Screen

01-17-2013

I have 747 normal wins and I still dont think I'm ready for ranked.

My friend started ranked as soon as he hit lvl 30 and maintains around an 1800 elo.

I think it differs for everyone. I think its fine as is.