500 wins to play ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Settero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardy View Post
yes but if your a bad player, you dont get that much game time, and your normally on the bench, if your there for fun, maybe go to a lower grade, A grade soccer isn't just for fun and games, its about the competition, and the wanted to achieve with your team, when it comes to ranked games its like A grade soccer, not trolling b grade soccer, if you want to just have fun play normal games.
if your in diamond tier ( equivalent of u stating A grade soccer) you shouldnt be worrying about 1200 elo placement games. i compleatly agree higher teir is more professional , but you arnt talking about the higher ranks , ur talking about PLACEMENT games. no lvl 30 with enough champions to play ranked should be denyed the chance to try it out.

xLoCo

01-17-2013

If you think most people will get this game after 500 wins you need to go back to the drawing boards.

Edit: Nvm you are just raging cause you won 1 of your last 7 placement matches and are trying to find something to blame it on.

Carmen Sandiego

01-17-2013

Yea this would nice...

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

ive been saying this for nearly 3 years on GD and irl to people who I meet who pick up the game... they never listen and are always perma-bronze as a result.

MrKitten

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardy View Post
There should be a requirement of 500 wins in normal to play ranked, im sick of smurf account trolling, players with 500 wins means they can play the game to point of proper team work and understand the meta. just saying as an idea, whats your opinion?
Played 2000 ranked last season and 500 this season.

Only have 400 normal wins.

Maco SL

01-17-2013

It's the same... you always end up on your real level...

SeCKS Egai

01-17-2013

I think there should be a minimum, but you give 500 norm wins too much credit - its very possible to fail to learn even the basics whether you're playing norm or not. I spend quite a bit of time relaxing against ai, and it amazes me how weak some 30s are at so many key fundamentals.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from impressive in my own right, but relying on 500 wins to improve player abilities is a bit of a fallacy considering even the worst players can accumulate 500 wins through sheer attrition.

Implementing a minimum requirement is a great idea, and one I'm sure has come up in the past. But the difference between 100-250-500 isn't going to be that drastic.

World Deleted

01-17-2013

That feeling when you're REQUIRED to start playing ranked matches at 50 GAMES and not WINS in Starcraft II. They don't need a minimum wins. They need to make the starting elo lower , like 1k and they need to put people with similar win counts together in their first few games (more strict than it already is).

OneLazyNinja

01-17-2013

im at 1.3k and i still want to improve more before trying to get gold/plat elo.

SunnyDays

01-17-2013

Level 30 is the requirment for a reason. Why would you put a win cap on it.