Athene

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryc Nairda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A bouncy Furret View Post
Because you know, he kept that $100,000,000 he raised right?

@OP, if ever you see anyone explain Athene like this, it is the result of Reddit with hunting hive mind.

Athene as a person he is a good guy, as a persona he is annoying. He has bad moments, everyone does. But because of "le epic le reddit" ANY bad moment he has is exploded.

You'll be stupid to think that he didn't keep some of that money for himself. Did he actually show himself donating all 1,000,000 of that money on stream or video? Or did he do it off stream? I never donate to streamers who are raising money for a good cause. If I wanted to donate for say cancer, I would go to the cancer website and donate there. The only time I would donate to a streamer that is doing it for a cause is if their donate button links DIRECTLY to the organization they are raising money to. Like I said. You can't trust people these days.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whatheeff

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defeated YMIR View Post
You'll be stupid to think that he didn't keep some of that money for himself. Did he actually show himself donating all 1,000,000 of that money on stream or video? Or did he do it off stream? I never donate to streamers who are raising money for a good cause. If I wanted to donate for say cancer, I would go to the cancer website and donate there. The only time I would donate to a streamer that is doing it for a cause is if their donate button links DIRECTLY to the organization they are raising money to. Like I said. You can't trust people these days.
Are you daft, even the companies that "raise" money still take a huge cut of everything. They have overhead just like everyone else.

Edit: Nothing is ever free.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Codekey

Senior Member

01-17-2013

I actually like his friends more. Furious <3

As for his charity work and gaming achievements, he's done a lot to be proud of. You can't really judge him based on how he acts on his stream though, I recall him saying it was all just a show for his fans/haters. He's making a living out of it I guess so he's doing somthing right.

When I use to play WoW I learned everything Arena related from him and found myself improving at a pretty ridiculous rate using his tactics/tricks in PvP so I have a bit of respect for the guy from that alone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryc Nairda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatheeff View Post
Are you daft, even the companies that "raise" money still take a huge cut of everything. They have overhead just like everyone else.

Edit: Nothing is ever free.
And the thing with streamers, you don't know how much money they keep. He could have only donated 1,000 dollars or 100,000 dollars and kept the rest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deirda

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defeated YMIR View Post
And the thing with streamers, you don't know how much money they keep. He could have only donated 1,000 dollars or 100,000 dollars and kept the rest.
He made like $1 million from poker, he doesnt need more money


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lolily

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-17-2013

....Who cares if he kept the money? It's his money. o____o

Unfortunately, people hate anyone popular, often for little to no reasons aside from the fact they're popular.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wd40

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defeated YMIR View Post
You'll be stupid to think that he didn't keep some of that money for himself. Did he actually show himself donating all 1,000,000 of that money on stream or video? Or did he do it off stream? I never donate to streamers who are raising money for a good cause. If I wanted to donate for say cancer, I would go to the cancer website and donate there. The only time I would donate to a streamer that is doing it for a cause is if their donate button links DIRECTLY to the organization they are raising money to. Like I said. You can't trust people these days.
maybe you should do some research the money donated went directly to save the children. The CEO and directors of the company were on his live stream a lot during the 1million $ money drive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Resolute Riven

Senior Member

01-17-2013

He's an idiot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slide

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Watched him a couple times. Wasnt terribly impressed with his attitude. Im of the opinion that people with that kind of visibility have a responsibility to improve the communities they are participating in. Its good that he donates to charity but not enough. Ive seem him rage troll one time too many and whether it is an act or not I do not find it right.

So there you have it. He is a streamer with a lot of followers who could (and should) be doing far more good then he does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deirda

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide View Post
Watched him a couple times. Wasnt terribly impressed with his attitude. Im of the opinion that people with that kind of visibility have a responsibility to improve the communities they are participating in. Its good that he donates to charity but not enough. Ive seem him rage troll one time too many and whether it is an act or not I do not find it right.

So there you have it. He is a streamer with a lot of followers who could (and should) be doing far more good then he does.
and...what have you done to save lives?