Mordekaiser es numero LAST

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeetMasterAce

01-17-2013

Mordekaiser is a horrendous champion. He was okay in season 2 and apparently very OP upon release, but now he is just awful. He has no escape, no gap closer, and no CC without a Rylai's, in which case he still lacks hard CC.

Lots of players complain about his shield. Morde's shield MAXES OUT at 120 without scaling on anything. Most champions with innates that have some kind of stat-based effect scale either by level or with items, but Morde's does not. With levels and itemization, it just fills up faster, which is completely irrelevant in a late game teamfight when 120 bonus health (which is basically what it is) is actually just flat out nothing.

I'm sure people will start lashing out with comments regarding his high burst damage. Yes that's true. You know who else has high(er) burst damage? Champs like Fizz and Akali. You know what makes them BETTER besides higher overall burst potential? Mobility.

You can afford to build melee-ranged AP Casters like Akali and Fizz as pure glass cannons because they can actually reach their targets. Morde can't, and his abilities don't even have any decent range on them either. He melts in teamfights unless he builds tanky, but if he builds tanky, then he has almost no damage, unlike other tanky bruisers such as Cho'gath (oh god his damage), Vi, Darius, etc.

Mordekaiser's ultimate is the ONLY ability he has that provides his team with any utility, and even then it's circumstantial. It's his longest range skill, which means he would have to cast it during a teamfight without getting close to the target to burst it down, thus relying on his team to capitalize on the ulted target. Even then, if Morde dies, ghost dies, and Morde dies a LOT.

Two changes that would help put Morde back on the path towards functionality include:
1.) Give his shield scaling. It could scale by level (120 base + 20 per level, maxing at 480).
2.) Allow player to control ghost even after Morde's death, or at least allow it to move towards and attack the nearest enemy units / structures on its own. Shaco's clone doesn't automatically disappear if Shaco dies.

Necrotic Frost

01-17-2013

It's interesting that you have complained about morde, without actually playing him it would seem. His shield does scale on level. It maxes out at around 650. Its been a day or two since I played him last. Which is considerably higher than what you have reccomended. While ghost is a huge bonus to his ulti, the lifesteal from it is what actually allows morde to fill a role as a tanky and heavy hitting AP champion. Rylais is the only health item morde requires for a little extra health to be tanky, other than that your high AP keeps your health shield full, which at end game is almost 700 extra health which is constantly regenerating from your blade shield, as well as your other abilities. Unlike Fizz and Akali, a properly built Morde can tank an entire team, and quite easily kill any fizz or akali 1v1. Of course this somewhat comes down to skill, but mobility is only good if you want to RUN away. Morde doesnt want to run, he wants to dive into the fray, hitting as many as he can with his skills to keep that shield full. One properly placed E is a full shield in a team fight or nearby minions. If you do play Morde you just need more practice. He can easily bully any lane 1v1 if your utilizing the minions to keep his shield up. Every Morde player knows his early game is kind of weak. But late game you should be a force in team fights. Every skill he has is capable of AOE, he's not an assasin like the champs you compared him too. In my opinion he is very well balanced and still holds a solid spot among the other champions.

BlazingSalvo

01-17-2013

Morde can't tank a bruiser with cleaver.

C2K123

01-18-2013

Shaco's Clone can't be controlled while dead, it just sits there and blows up.

Nishaven90

01-18-2013

Mordekaiser's shield goes up to 630, not 120 while also benefitting from resistances.

Diadorus

01-18-2013

Try beating a Morde with 74725375774017375 more CS than you.

Togekiss24

01-18-2013

You bring good points about Morde's problems but why are you comparing him to assassins? They are made to deal huge burst damage. Morde is a bruiser, one who you really shouldn't build anything else other than health and spell vamp. He does fall off a little by late game, but he has incredible pushing power.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diadorus View Post
Try beating a Morde with 74725375774017375 more CS than you.
Try beating a Mord with equal CS to you. Oh look, you killed him. Fantastic job.

Try beating a Mord with 100 more CS than you. Oh look, still not much trouble.

Pardon my cynicism, but I've known Mordekaiser's kit since S1, and he's horribly soft when he's not fed. He either will have no damage or no defense, unless he gets fed. He depends entirely on two things; gold/level advantage and stealing the enemy team's best champion.

Awfully Beast

01-18-2013

i was 1/5 with a mord the other day... yeah 1/5 i had to lane against a darius.. well you see what happened was...
- i got hextech
- then 200 farm
- then rylais
Then all of a sudden i was 9/6... thats weird.
ROFL. MORDE is perfectly fine where he is.

X74

01-18-2013

It's funny because when I play Mordekaiser I destroy everything in my path and half the time come out with almost full health, and can occasionally win a 1v3 fight.

He's not numero uno for nothing. With a nice bit of damage output he's practically invincible behind his shield. The more pain you dish out the less pain you take. One mistake you're probably making is running; Morde shouldn't be running.