Blitzcrank Nerfs Undeserved

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaliphear

01-20-2013

I'm willing to wager this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but really Riot? Now he can attempt a pull grand total of 2 times in lane before he's completely spent (and on that second attempt, he won't even have enough left over to use his E).

I realize that the community is having a fit because his grab just travels "too darn fast" for people to dodge, but this is nearly to the point of putting the poor guy into the ground. Heck, at this rate, you may as well just swap his Q and his R, since the frequency at which he'll be able to hook is on par with most champion's ultimates.

Nores

01-20-2013

This nerf does nothing

DatBirdMan

01-20-2013

Blitz needs a nerf

Poisonpowder

01-20-2013

He needs nerfs of some sort, but not of the nature they are going through with them.

I would actually support a Q and R swap (with appropriate adjustments) since Q is 1) Blitzcrank's defining ability and 2) the most important part of his kit. However, this would make support Blitzcrank next to worthless pre-6, yet solo lane Blitzcrank potentially viable.

The SHP

01-20-2013

better hit one of the two, then. Besides, Blitz's pull is a DotA-style over-the-top ability and deserves a DotA-style manacost (well, it deserves not to exist, frankly, but...)

Kaliphear

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riven The Exíle View Post
Blitz needs a nerf
Really? Given that the most dominant supports in the meta right now are Lulu and Taric, I really don't think Blitzcrank is the one that needs nerfed.

Yes, I get that people don't appreciate that "1 pull can be the difference between victory and defeat", but that binary nature goes both ways. Not to mention the ability to predict and dodge hooks is chock full of that "counterplay" stuff Rioters are always on about.

Nores

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliphear View Post
Really? Given that the most dominant supports in the meta right now are Lulu and Taric, I really don't think Blitzcrank is the one that needs nerfed.

That cuz blitz is permaban. Honestly blitz hook should not go trough walls or should have charge time (like varus Q) .Blitz not hard to beat in lane - but mid late game his hooks are way too game changing for how spammable they are from behind walls and bushes

Seravertei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Blitz: 240 mana at level 1. Rocket grab: 120 mana.

kjj92

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravertei View Post
Blitz: 240 mana at level 1. Rocket grab: 120 mana.
least we can invade their jungle when they have a blitz, or can we?

Ghoul The Dark

01-20-2013

Blitz is supposed to be punished for missing grabs, not making them.