Misconceptions you had about champions before you played them.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DianasGotSwag

01-17-2013

Share any strange tales you have or just silly things you thought before trying out a champion.

Ayketh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

"Yeah dude, Master Yi's op"

This was back when we both only knew of AD Yi.

Edit: You know this would have been a lot funnier if people weren't QQ'ing about AP Yi all over the forums...

DianasGotSwag

01-17-2013

Anyone else?

The Aviatrix

01-17-2013

Rammus is gonna be the perfect tank

Note; I joined way after he got nerfed, and I've almost never seen anybody else even play him outside of ARAM/Bot games.

Leaver

01-17-2013

I used to think Ezreal wasn't as easy to play as everyone said he was because I hadn't played him since over a year ago, then I played him recently and realized how wrong I was since now you can just fire off your Q all day and it doesn't matter if you miss half of them because it does huge damage when it hits and you never run out of mana anyway

Dingding123

01-17-2013

I thought Tryndamere sucked everywhere till I tried him in the S3 jungle.

He's got a lot of things going for him now, like Statikk Shiv, Barrier, and the fact that lvl 2 ganking isn't as rampant or as effective as it used to be (he needs to hit lvl 4 before he can gank, for those of you who haven't tried him in the jungle).

Clear time on average is ~3:30 right now.

Akesgeroth

01-17-2013

I thought Vlad was crazy OP until I played him.

The SHP

01-17-2013

gonna have to go with "Ezreal's hard to play". That misconception took a whole 6 seconds after his release to dispel.

Alphascrub

01-17-2013

Thought Draven was easier than he looked.

Was dead wrong, he is freaking amazingly fun and has a skill cap, however I cannot say how high because I have obviously not reached it.

Dantone

01-17-2013

My VERY first game, there were only free week champions. At this point I had played a couple games of HoN, and never really grasped that. I was switching to LoL because it was supposedly more fun and easier to pick up (I agree with both points, although maybe I never gave HoN a fair run). I was trying to decide which champion to pick, and so I took Shen. I figured "he's a ninja, he can probably kill people really fast"

I also (for that entire game) did not understand why a taunt would be useful. I was like "why would I want people to attack me"?