@Tryndamere @Ryze @Zileas @Morello @Kitae Lore Writer Replacement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eserine

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrael View Post
How the hell does this dude have upvotes? He's a complete dolt.
How so?

Mad Grey Wolf

01-18-2013

Strong english skills you have, show me the ways of literacy you must.

Eserine

01-18-2013

Despite my direct request to the General Discussion forum moderators in the original post for this thread not to be moved to the lore section, it has just been moved to the lore section.

This thread is now abandoned. Goodbye.

Tolfor

01-18-2013

There's obfuscatively wordy, and then there's Eserine.

Seriously, I read a lot of long posts, but this is ridiculous, especially when you apparently consider Mordekaiser's ability to ult Thresh to be a critical lore issue. That's beyond inanity.

KiteMeGood

01-19-2013

Well its official Riot's Dork Age has now begun.

Blaine Tog

01-19-2013

These threads are creepy as hell, dude.

Birdy51

01-19-2013

I might be wrong here, but I think it's difficult to get a response that actually means something when you present your arguement as a loaded gun. Having a point to make is all well and good, but to be honest I don't see anyone losing their job over this thread. As bad as you make out their lore out to be, it would be an even worse idea to fire employees willy-nilly.

While I don't agree with everything Riot does, I accept the fact that I never will. There will always be traits of the lore that bother me. Rather than nitpick at the disconnect and declare it wrong, I've found it far better to delve into what could make it right. Suggesting improvements in a manner that is not condenscending or accusatory is far more likely to be benificial then, "You suck lore team! I don't like your plans or your ideas! Fire them Tryndamere!"

Methelod

01-19-2013

Asides the fact that you have seemingly abandoned the thread when it has been moved towards a section where you will receive a bit more relevancy, I'll do so some nitpicking of my own.

Your suggestion was to hire two or more people who have experience with medieval and other settings like that. You fail to account for, according to Babag, that this is a society which has advanced through magic so those kind of things are not purely relevant. You would need someone with a history in fantasy with the ability to properly join together the notion of magic and a more present situation.

Your argument about Thresh and whatnot, well I found that really, really silly. The context that this is a game comes first, direct lore interactions can be waived away largely because there are summoners controlling them leading to different results then would normally occur. This is why when Morde or Karthus steal a soul, it is not gone forever. It is why Thresh can collect souls on the field of justice because it furthers game design. This is fine and dandy under the circumstances that the writers are creating a consistent and logical world, which I agree they aren't.

Your objections against Vi, while nitpicky do make sense. She is an entity who's only real skill is punching things with hextech gauntlets. Nothing about her personality really conveys a reason for her to be unique outside of them so I will give you that one.

Overall, I believe the majority of your points are so fine and diminutive that they are near worthless in comparison to the big issues at hand. Overall, you make a problem out of things that could be explained away in less then a paragraph such as "The effects on the league do not have a permanence outside of mental to the characters and after they 'die'." It's a cheap way to do it, yet it removes quite a few of your qualms.

To me, the bigger problems are indeed the lack of consistency. The fact that the lead writer has coined the term "Factpocalypse" and other things that show a desire to create one off stories that lack consistency when put together. The lack of communication between the players and the lore writers, because if there was more communication outside of heavily limited AMA(A)s then the players would at least feel better about discussing and playing in the world.

RhynoD

01-19-2013

Rule of Cool.

RhynoD

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayblazer View Post
I want it all Rewritten by Renekton Bot.. seriously. No I do. Really.

Or that dude who keeps saying he's an Alien/Spider/God/Yordle to get his free character..

~Down With The Meta~
Riot now have new writer for League lore. New writer GOOD righter, know how to make good stories. New writer not bad like other guys, new writer not make plot holes. New writer know just how to fix lore. New writer add cleaver to lore. Lots of cleaver. Cleaver make everything better. Morde ult not make sense on new champion? EASY to fix. Now Morde throw cleaver instead of make ghosts. New champion have lantern that not make sense? EASY! Now new champion have cleaver instead. Vi not make sense? Vi stupid champion anyways, Vi not have cleaver. Now she have cleaver. She make perfect sense now!