@Riot, update particles to past lunar skins as well?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrBubbIes0

01-16-2013

Been seeing some teasers for this year's new Lunar Skins and they all have new particles on them making last year's skins to look like hasty re-colors.

Why not add new particles to the lunar skins of Lee Sin, Wukong , Talon and Sona ?

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

01-16-2013

Dunno.

AFAIK, Wukong's has new particles (ult), Sona's new sounds and Lee Sin's had a new animation or two.

MrBubbIes0

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS17804f7429d10e View Post
Dunno.

AFAIK, Wukong's has new particles (ult), Sona's new sounds and Lee Sin's had a new animation or two.
I own Jade Wukong and Dragon Fist Lee Sin. The only "different" things i noticed is Wukong's Ulti instead of orange circle (like the original) is blue and Lee Sin only has some stupid dance animations.

Compare them to the new Corki - Jarvan - Xin skins. The difference is huge. Unless the new skins are planned to be 1350RP i see no reason why the older ones shouldn't get the same treatment as well.

Leaver

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBubbIes0 View Post
I own Jade Wukong and Dragon Fist Lee Sin. The only "different" things i noticed is Wukong's Ulti instead of orange circle (like the original) is blue and Lee Sin only has some stupid dance animations.

Compare them to the new Corki - Jarvan - Xin skins. The difference is huge. Unless the new skins are planned to be 1350RP i see no reason why the older ones shouldn't get the same treatment as well.
Because that's how products work, it's sort of like how new versions of windows come out, if you want the coolest and most up to date features then you have to buy the new version, it's sort of understood by consumers that pretty much no matter what you buy further down the line a better version of it is going to be released

MrBubbIes0

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaver View Post
Because that's how products work, it's sort of like how new versions of windows come out, if you want the coolest and most up to date features then you have to buy the new version, it's sort of understood by consumers that pretty much no matter what you buy further down the line a better version of it is going to be released
Pretty bad comparison. In your example you get to use ONLY the new product with the new features. The new product replaces the old one, in which case here it doesn't.

If visual upgrades were uncommon in this game then i'd say ok this is a "problem", but since they do it in regular basis i don't see a reason why the old ones should be left in the dust.

Swanky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Why would you buy a skin that has no particles and complain it has no particles in the first place?

MrBubbIes0

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
Why would you buy a skin that has no particles and complain it has no particles in the first place?
I'm not complaining. At the time they were released they looked pretty cool. What i'm asking is if they can get the same visual treatment this new lunar skins get since visual upgrading is common by Riot.