Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annie Visual Upgrade Live is on the PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

01-17-2013

Quote:
Ququroon:
The shield is probably the spell that we changed the most, I'll give you that. Our goals here were to remove some visual clutter (the spell has a massive uptime, so it does take up a lot of her read), and to not have it clash with her model and/or stun particle. I personally think the Ring of Fire is visually interesting, but am I correct in feeling that most of you think it doesn't properly communicate its effect?

It's not just that it fails to communicate things well; it's that it looks just plain lame; it looks like something from an earlier era of gaming where putting in a 3D shield effect wasn't possible so they opted for a work-around.

every single shield effect in the game has a 3D effect to it; this one is completely flat and (no offense) looks very unprofessional and out of place.

Iglie

01-17-2013

On Frankentibbers Annie, is it possible to have tibbers appear from lighting (since thats how frakenstein was) and not fire like her original skin.

I think it'd be really good.

Sessamo

01-17-2013

Does anyone else feel like Frankentibbers was made kinda worse by the rework?
The skin was always pretty meh overall but Tibbers had a few unique particle effects that made up for it.
Now it's just regular Annie with different hair.

Skoro

01-17-2013

I like most of the lines, but some of them don't have that cute tone she's supposed to have (like "have you seen my bear tibbers?&quot. Also, I'm unsure of the slight speech impediment that she has picked up. Sometimes it makes her sound annoying.

And one more thing... why was the Goth Annie the only skin chosen to get new particle effects? Does this mean more soon? Or is it because the skin art implied it did? If it's the latter, Amethyst Ashe's skin implied it had purple arrows, and later ALL her skins got new particle effects during her model update. So it would be unfair if that were the case.

ombro321

01-17-2013

Quote:
Skoro:
I like most of the lines, but some of them don't have that cute tone she's supposed to have (like "have you seen my bear tibbers?&quot. Also, I'm unsure of the slight speech impediment that she has picked up. Sometimes it makes her sound annoying.

And one more thing... why was the Goth Annie the only skin chosen to get new particle effects? Does this mean more soon? Or is it because the skin art implied it did? If it's the latter, Amethyst Ashe's skin implied it had purple arrows, and later ALL her skins got new particle effects during her model update. So it would be unfair if that were the case.

I totally agree with you, it would be refreshing to see some new color for her fire for some of her skin like frankenstein

and why her fire have to disapear when she walk

BendyBread

01-17-2013

Not sure if I like the new voices. Her new line I love the most is "Whose your favourite aminal? A bear?"

I know it's the same VA and voices change over time even if you try replicate it, but something about her feels odd. Like it's less cute.
Also did you get rid of "You wanna play too?". Because I can't seem to hear it. If so, WHYYYYY. It was such a good one.

Void2258

01-17-2013

I FAR prefer the old enveloping look of the shield. Just having a circle at her feat is lame and hard to see in team fights. Please make it a full coverage shield again.

Also the new aura for showing her stun is up is too subtle and, again, too hard to see when in the midst of a group of characters. It needs to be more obvious, at least to the person playing her if not to everyone (I wouldn't mind too much if no one on the other side could tell I had my stun :P).

Zerglinator

01-17-2013

Know what else Annie could use with this visual rework? A good particle from Molten Shield on enemies that autoattack her to signal that they're taking damage from it.

ombro321

01-17-2013

Quote:
Solatoral:
Not sure if I like the new voices. Her new line I love the most is "Whose your favourite aminal? A bear?"

I know it's the same VA and voices change over time even if you try replicate it, but something about her feels odd. Like it's less cute.
Also did you get rid of "You wanna play too?". Because I can't seem to hear it. If so, WHYYYYY. It was such a good one.

i personally like when she say "come out come out where ever you are" or something i like that it sound soo creepy i really enjoy it

BendyBread

01-17-2013

Quote:
ombro321:
i personally like when she say "come out come out where ever you are" or something i like that it sound soo creepy i really enjoy it

Oh that one I love too. Because it's really innocent, but at the edges of it you can hear the darkness in what she wants to do.

Also, whyd I get downvoted for my last post. LOL. /forums

Also @ Reds. I was just testing annie for her VA and found she has no ability sounds. Her Q/W/E/R (Her Q and W seem a bit louder than most skills).
Is there anyway to make her Auto Attack not sound as weird? Currently it sounds like a mixture between fire, crunching class (think Eve AA on turrets) and stepping on mulch. Not really what I envisioned.