Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annie Visual Upgrade Live is on the PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ququroon

QA Analyst

01-17-2013

Quote:
Solatoral:
If you guys could respond to this (or any comment) I'd be grateful. Even if it's to confirm you won't change anything, I just want to know you're actually reading and listening. I have a mixture of feedback and questions.

I promise you that myself (and the whole team!) is reading each and every single post in this thread. I've been wanting to post all day, but I've been making sure to follow through on what I've been saying!

Lemme address some of the points that you (and a few others!) have brought forth. I'll address this list, as you cover most of the ones that people are questioning.

Quote:
Solatoral:

-The eyes have too much eye-liner. Yes, I know, the original has eye liner. But I think you've over done how much she's wearing, it's too much of an emphasis on her face in my opinion.

There were three goals to the dark eyes.

First, to keep with her original look. This is a goal we always attempt to accomplish with any remake, and we felt that her dark eyes were a strong read in her original model. Second, to sell her Dark Child thematic. And finally, to provide a strong read and look when viewed from the wide up game angle. Annie is very small, so her visual real estate for her head is very minimal.

We chose to make them this vibrant for these reasons. It might look really thick when zoomed in, or viewed from up front, but ensuring that it was a visual read from the zoomed out angle was important.

Quote:

-(Skin specific) Frostfire Annie's flames are too dark in my opinion.
Possibly! I'll see if we can't explore lightening them up a little, and/or possibly readding the snowflakes to it. They were pretty cool weren't th- I'll show myself out.

No promises here though! There are concerns about making particles too light, as they could be a bit too lost, or washed out.

Quote:

-Her run feels to.....glidey? Perhaps there are some minor changes we can make to have it feel 'crunchier'.
Will investigate!

Quote:

-As others have said. Shield.
The shield is probably the spell that we changed the most, I'll give you that. Our goals here were to remove some visual clutter (the spell has a massive uptime, so it does take up a lot of her read), and to not have it clash with her model and/or stun particle. I personally think the Ring of Fire is visually interesting, but am I correct in feeling that most of you think it doesn't properly communicate its effect?

Quote:

Will she be getting a range of new quotes as well?
Annie's new VO is all on the current PBE patch!

Ququroon

QA Analyst

01-17-2013

Quote:
Mysnomer:
If you have Tibbers out, the R tooltip displays improper damage numbers, and if you mouse over the level up button while he's out, it won't tell you the mana cost increase, it just shows 0 -> 0. I was using Goth Annie, though I don't see how that would affect this.

I will look into this.

Quote:
HexedCat:
On the Goth Annie skin a small, normal colored flame appears on the ground directly underneath her while auto-at
tacking. Testing to see if on other skins now.
EDIT: Appears on all skins.

I will also look into this.

Thanks so much everyone!

Jasteus

01-17-2013

are her reverse and franken annie supposed to be on sale as well? if so they're not, they're 975, if they're supposed to be that, how long will those 2 be available, hopefully till stipend again?

Solari Eclipse

Recruiter

01-17-2013

Perhaps a small thing to look at. When she is walking her arm seems to warp a little or something when her arm goes back in the walk animation. Here's a screencap.

Edit: Forgot about the file size limit. Added cropped.

PKPikmin

01-17-2013

Mad props to her voice actress. Her new lines are adorable.

Sessamo

01-17-2013

I'm at work atm, did Frankentibbers keep his green fire? Or is he running the generic orange?

Machine Herald

01-17-2013

"I'm rubber and you're... on fire."

hahahah, props to the writers for her new lines

TheEnygma

01-17-2013

she'll be getting splash updates as well? that the next thing?

Frostoad

01-17-2013

Kawaii UGUUU SUGOIIII!!!!!!

Zerglinator

01-17-2013

Now, whenever a champion is in brush, they become somewhat transparent. This makes it so that anything on the inside of the model is visible--for example, since Fizz has big round eyes and opens his mouth wide, one can see through his head to see his entire eyeballs and the inside of his mouth.

This also applies to Annie. Annie will show a large smile in her emotes.

This makes it so that when she is in brush, one can see A GIANT CREEPY FLOATING SMILE.

Please, Annie in Wonderland is supposed to look like Alice...not like the Cheshire Cat.