Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annie Visual Upgrade Live is on the PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Septabyte

01-17-2013

when you compare annies aa range to her Q range the indicators are at the same range however annie moves in considerably more to launch her Q. Not sure if this is a bug or the range on her Q is wrong. Her AA range is right on the money when she attacks a minion or champion. however when looking at her Q range and when she actually uses it are different.

B1ggaWhat

01-17-2013

I have to agree with some others. Really really great work on the models, love it! I do think the shield looks weird though, too 2 dimensional, almost like its a halo and not a 3D shield like it was before. Also, some sort of green fire for frankentibbers annie would be awesome.

ombro321

01-17-2013

Quote:
B1ggaWhat:
I have to agree with some others. Really really great work on the models, love it! I do think the shield looks weird though, too 2 dimensional, almost like its a halo and not a 3D shield like it was before. Also, some sort of green fire for frankentibbers annie would be awesome.

i agree with the green fire

JUSTxINCREDIBLE

01-17-2013

Just a suggestion for a legendary skin :d:d :d : D

BadgerDrool

01-17-2013

Visual feedback. Normal Annie.

She's so cute! I love her new animations so much. She feels a lot more real. Her skip animation is fantastic. Her emote animations. Her dance. Adorable.

Some criticism.

First one is her idle animation. The moment when her dress poofs and she lands backwards? That happens so often and is a very "big" motion in comparison to the rest of her Idle. As a result I find it jarring. I'd like to see her idle animations evaluated closer. Maybe bring Tibbers in somehow.

The next one is Big Tibbers. He doesn't appear to have any extra animations. I'd like for him to have a hidden dance passive when Annie Dances and he isn't in combat. Annie is from some place called Voodoo Lands and dances with the doll during her dance right? Make Big Tibbers match the motions as if he's being pulled by puppet strings. Be absolutely awesome. Just this big slightly annoyed fire bear being moved around against his will.

I also think her "stun up" is a bit subtle. Especially with her molten shield up. However, that may just be an initial impression as it's also not very muddled. It may be an easier spell effect to get used to, notice, and look for in the long run.

In general I don't feel like she "plays" with Tibbers much. She holds him limp wristed and just caries him around during most of her gameplay moments. I do adore her teleport animation and emotes because of how she uses Tibbers. I also love how she finally uses Tibbers in her ult animation. I just wish she'd grab his ear, or a leg with her other hand. Maybe switch how she holds him from a dangle into a half hug with just the left arm under his arms sometimes. Just a bit more outside of the "special" moments. (Oh but Tibber's has wonderful physics. I'm not complaining about how he tosses and turns as Annie moves. I love that. It's how little she interacts with the doll in her common animations)

As I've said though. Adorable. I was so looking forward to the animations and I'm totally impressed. She's has so much more character in her motion now. I particularly like when she laughs and gives a big toothy smile.

Oh and Big Tibbers looks pretty snazy too. Personally I rather like the direction. I think he could use a bit more expressiveness. He's got this big expressive face and it kind of goes to waste. His attack animations and walk are fine though.

Oh and Annie's size is perfect. Don't change it!

RyuuMasken

01-17-2013

I played around a bit and noticed that her Q and W look very similar in the first few moments of the spells. It seems like it might be hard for other players to differentiate between them when fights are happening. The "central body" of her Q doesn't really appear until almost at max range. IMO it seems like it would be better if that part of the animation appeared sooner, so players can more quickly identify which spell she is casting without having to wait until the later frames of the animation(the Q's central body, or W's spreading out).

Also does the current rework include the new VO work? The lines are the same but I can't tell if they're a rerecording or the originals ' 3'

DarkKat48

01-17-2013

Looking forward to the new voice over work, hoping she sounds a little more 'dark' though really hope you keep the 'Seen my Bear Tibbers' line in there. Model looks amazing, her skipping seems a bit floaty and her W seems a bit too red but that is a minor qualm to an other wise excellent skin. Also Xin' Zhao's model looks updated, that a hint of what is to come?

pchannington

01-17-2013

Just a suggestion, but it feels like her shield should not work like thornmail. It looks like it should work more like sunfire cape.

Ququroon

QA Analyst

01-17-2013

Hey all,

I'm currently working on replying to your posts! But I wanted to give you a quick update as to what's going into the next PBE push for Annie.

1. The giant blue field on Frostfire Tibbers has been fixed! (Sorry 'bout that!)
2. Her voice is now in!
3. Her skins are now on sale!

Thank you all for your comments and feedback!

Edit: Patch is up!

NVDax

01-17-2013

Quote:
Ququroon:
Hey all,

I'm currently working on replying to your posts! But I wanted to give you a quick update as to what's going into the next PBE push for Annie.

1. The giant blue field on Frostfire Tibbers has been fixed! (Sorry 'bout that!)
2. Her voice is now in!
3. Her skins are now on sale!

Thank you all for your comments and feedback!

Edit: Patch is up!

Sweet! Can't wait to check it out! I'm especially ecstatic to hear her new voice.