Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annie Visual Upgrade Live is on the PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magamis

01-19-2013

Again, maybe if you let people on the actual beta... MAYBE YOU'D GET MORE FEEDBACK

Fulgore

01-19-2013

I like the new Annie visual update, but there's something about Tibbers that doesn't look like a teddy bear or bear but more like a sloth

Tomi Saburo

01-19-2013

I love:

1. The amount of effort that has gone into this remake.
2. The new base model
3. The new voice content "What's your favorite aminal - a Bear?" <3
4. The Panda skin recall animation

Not sure about:

1. The new walk takes a little getting used to - as others have said, it lacks... weight?

Izisery

Recruiter

01-20-2013

I originally posted my opinion of the remake while looking at the photos, they did not do it justice, it looks really good in game, although the stitching on Tibbers chest looks weird compared to that on his arms.

ZenCat

01-20-2013

1.Walk/Run animation
I noticed all of the newer champions and reworks (Vi, Katarina, Nidalee) have slower running animations.
I realize that it's more "realistic" but even at 410 MS you have the illusion that your champion is moving much slower than he actually is. Like they're either moving through water or low gravity surface in Annies case. And frankly it's a bit frustrating.

2.Spell effects/particles
They are really high quality and very pretty. However, old effects were more:

2.1. Precise - Fireball looked like fireball, not a pretty orange amorphic blob. You could clearly see where it starts and ends and when it's gonna hit. Now both Q and W look really imprecise, effect wise. Even tho' they're higher quality.
2.2. Looked more fiery - As fancy the new effects are - old effects looked more like real fire. New effects are so layered they look more lava than fire.

3.Frankentibbers Annie
Please make it have Green fire and/or Lightining effects. Classic red fire doesn't fit the skin at all.

Thank you.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

01-20-2013

Quote:
Solatoral:
And I know you guys had no intention to mop up Mag Twisted Fate, so I doubt you're going to work on Annie in Wonderland, but why?
Not to sound whiney, but if you're going to remodel both characters entirely, give new particles and re-do the voicework, why not push it that little step further and improve the LEGENDARY skin that has been out for ages.

This may merit another thread, but our goal for visually upgraded skins is to meet whatever feature additions were present in the original skin. Frostfire Annie has special colored flames and that's why you bought it - we need to make sure we maintain that for you. Frankentibbers has sparks on his neck bolts and we missed those for this release to PBE, but they'll be present when she goes live. (Thanks to everyone who mentioned that).

If that policy changed, visual upgrades/relaunches would take a considerably longer amount of time. The next champion would be even further away, behind Annie who would more likely be released in March or April. We have a lot of champions to get through. Players have pointed out that champs such as Taric, Sion, Sivir, and more are badly in need of improvements and we strongly agree.

I understand your desire to make skins (old legendaries in particular) even better when we're doing the upgrade. It's not that we don't see the same opportunities that you do - it's just that doing so would cost the team time and resources that could be put towards the next updated champion.

Ryceman

01-20-2013

Quote:
RiotAmes:

I understand your desire to make skins (old legendaries in particular) even better when we're doing the upgrade. It's not that we don't see the same opportunities that you do - it's just that doing so would cost the team time and resources that could be put towards the next champion.

Because we def need more champions asap amirite? This just seems to be a repeating pattern with Riot. Half ass this so we can hurry and work on the next champion!

Sessamo

01-20-2013

So then what was the reason for the scarlet fire on Goth Annie?
I understand not updated the legendaries because of the extra features (new VO lines, tons of extra particles, etc) but something like green fire on Frankentibbers seems pretty simple when you're already doing a colour swap for an old plain skin.

Zylph

01-20-2013

Nevermind

AGCrew Bloodwolf

01-20-2013

Quote:
RiotAmes:
This may merit another thread, but our goal for visually upgraded skins is to meet whatever feature additions were present in the original skin. Frostfire Annie has special colored flames and that's why you bought it - we need to make sure we maintain that for you. Frankentibbers has sparks on his neck bolts and we missed those for this release to PBE, but they'll be present when she goes live. (Thanks to everyone who mentioned that).

If that policy changed, visual upgrades/relaunches would take a considerably longer amount of time. The next champion would be even further away, behind Annie who would more likely be released in March or April. We have a lot of champions to get through. Players have pointed out that champs such as Taric, Sion, Sivir, and more are badly in need of improvements and we strongly agree.

I understand your desire to make skins (old legendaries in particular) even better when we're doing the upgrade. It's not that we don't see the same opportunities that you do - it's just that doing so would cost the team time and resources that could be put towards the next updated champion.
This sounds like a NO for Magnifecent Twisted Fate