Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Another poorly designed Cassiopeia skin.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Bunnykins

01-16-2013

Her previously released skin is still her best one and even then Riot barely did anything with it other than add a failed attempt of a face in her ultimate. This train wreck you call Jade Fang Cassiopeia should really be looked into.

The only thing going for this skin is her recall animation and some may say her E but even that looks lack luster. The rest is just trash compared to the other released skins. The particles need to be changed so they can be more interesting or worth the same as the rest of the newly released skins and their particle / sound / animation changes. (Including Varus' skin) Not some half assed job at recoloring her skills in the last second of the PBE patch.

The model should also be looked into. Like I mean really. She is not a mountain goat. Come on Riot. At least put the snakes somewhere else or give her a better headpiece or something! Her tail is just one block of green, it could have at least had a different pattern or shading or remove some of those red armor pads to make it not look like a hot mess of shoddy colors.

I might add more to this later if it even gets any views since I know other people think this skin is terrible.

Riot you screwed me over with Mistletoe LeBlanc, don't do it to me again with Cass' second new release skin.

Edit:
Knowing that people are agreeing with me and have some input. I've gotten responses not only from this thread but other threads and also people discussing it.

Skills:

Passive: Light jade color change? Small jade snakes rotating around her? (I forget what thread I got this from )

Q: Ghostly/illusion effect of a Bat Gua. (Suggested by Zeninth)

W: Mix of green and purple and create a snake design on the ground after the particles settle. (Also suggested by Zeninth)

E: Jade fangs or jade snakes that shatter on impact. Shoots jade statues that shatter on impact. (Zeninth again)

R: Turns everyone into jade instead of stone. Needs better coloring / effects to go with it. (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3011329)

Also, I forgot who suggested it but when she dies she should turn into Jade instead of stone.

--- A RIOT POST REGARDING THE SKIN! ---

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
re: jade — while there might still be another minor tweak or two in addition to the changes made to her ult, the headdress is very likely to stay as is.

Definitely boycotting the skin now. Riot disregarding all the feed back from other threads other than small tweaks to the ult, which was clearly already terrible.

tl;dr: Cass' skin is terrible and needs to be looked into and changed.

Mysnomer

01-16-2013

Well, I don't agree about Mistletoe LeBlanc (I very much like the visuals of the skin, so I didn't need any effects to spice it up), but I wholeheartedly agree that this Cass skin needs work. The recall is the only thing interesting. Even the E is just a scaled up and doubled auto-attack animation, and I didn't notice any effects on her ulti. I hope they do something with her dance and that awful headpiece

BendyBread

01-17-2013

I like Mistletoe leblanc except for the particles being the same (and she was released in the skin era where that wasn't always so common to get one ones).

But this cass skin....-shudder-.
I'm sorry Riot, but it's just not on. The model itself is ghastly, and her E and R just look so underwhelming. I love the Q change because it's nice and bright, and her W "poison trails" or whatever they are are a nice touch, but the other 2 skills, nope.

King Cobra

01-17-2013

Cassiopeia is my favorite champion and I was thrilled to hear that she was getting a new skin. When I saw it I actually really liked it but in game I was disappointed. Here are my thoughts:

In regards to the actual skin design:

I like the idea a lot. Her headdress seems REALLY wonky though. She doesn't have that menacing snake feel to her....the snake heads look like pig tails to me and its just really weird. I love the rest of the design though.

In regards to skill particles:

Noxious Blast is really nice. Probably my favorite part of the new skin.

Twin Fang's particle change is pretty cool but they move so fast you can barely tell that you are shooting jade snakes at them. To me they just look like rounded lame fangs.

Miasma is alright. It doesn't seem very special though.

Her ult is my biggest complaint. I think the idea is awesome - having different colored light. The issue is that it is WAY too dim. In the midst of a teamfight it is almost impossible to see. The green fades with the grass and it just doesn't feel nice. If it was brighter and more noticeable it would be fine.

Compared to the other skins, I feel like Cass got the short straw. Her particles aren't very vibrant or epic compared to the others and the headdress is a mess.

Neo Cyrus

01-17-2013

1 - When people buy a new skin for 975 they expect a more dramatic change on the particles. Especially the ult, make it a much more vibrant and clear green.

*Late for an edit but whatever* - Some asked for the ult to turn opponents into jade rather than stone, so I suggested that she should turn to jade as well for her death animation. But they aren't fixing even basic issues, when Cass dies with a skin the moment she breaks she turns into classic Cass... laaaaame! That's pretty noticeable on this skin.

2 - *Edited* - Her fans should be jade coloured, perhaps even her nails should be coloured jade.

3 - If you're going to bother give her hair, make it a longer to make it more noticeable. I think having the hair be long enough to show would make a large difference for the better. The longer the better.

4 - Her breasts are randomly moving and it looks really awkward. I'm all for breast animation, but it really needs some work.

5 - The two snakes on her head... yeah... not really a fan of those as they are.

Cass is one of my favourite champions but as it stands I won't be buying this skin.

SplendidSorrow

01-17-2013

Quote:
7Cyrus7:

5 - The two snakes on her head... yeah... not really a fan of those as they are.

This...I went ooooooh new cass skin...and then saw it...

Those things ruin and take away from everything else

Zeninth

01-17-2013

I agree with most of what everyone has said so far minus the jade statue headress thing. I actually like that. The problem is Cass has the crappiest skin so far out of all 4 lunar skins.

Her model doesn't even look that good. It's not ornate enough. I mean if I was a seductress, that outfit is really not pretty enough to wear. It's missing something.

The main issue though is her spell effects are barely noticebly different. I can't even tell if the effects are just recolors to a toxic green instead of the default particles on the other skins.

There's tons of things that could be changed to improve it. Her W could be changed to a mix of green and purple and create a snake design on the ground after the particles settle. Kinda like a yin/yang symbol but instead be a snake inspired symbol.

Her Q could be a ghostly/illusion effect of a Bat Gwa (this hexagonal mirror like thing that reflects bad energy used in feng shui).

Her E could literally shoot jade statue figurines at the enemy that shatter into pieces upon contact.

Her recall animation though is fantastic and sadly the best part of this skin. Please work on it Riot!.

WildKirkle

01-17-2013

I completely agree. I was watching a skin spotlight and I was ready to see some really cool changes. As I was watching I was getting more and more disappointed.

"Oh, they changed the color on her Q, that's kind of cool. W is green. E looks the same. I wonder what they did to the- Oh nothing to the ult. Oh wow! That recall animation is pretty sweet."

skssnrdnrp

01-17-2013

Yeah her new skin was pretty meh for me as well.

Anyways.. is it just me or jade cass model is bigger than normal cass?

DarkTundras

01-17-2013

think i'll stick with my mythic cass :<