Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Collaboration with Koei?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shredder XIII

01-16-2013

the new Dynasty Warriors Skins are amazing, DW is one of my favorite game. did Riot ask/work with Koei for them?

Mysnomer

01-16-2013

-_- Dynasty warriors is based on historical events. All of it's characters are public domain.

Shredder XIII

01-16-2013

of course! Lu Bu did wore a black armor with huge red Feather just like he did in dynasty Warrior 6-7,(not) I know it's base on historical events, I own a copy of the "Romance of the three kingdoms" those skins looks exactly like the one in the Koei game, therefore the question, was it a collaboration or something?

Zheng

01-16-2013

no it wasn't

Mysnomer

01-17-2013

Quote:
Shredder XIII:
of course! Lu Bu did wore a black armor with huge red Feather just like he did in dynasty Warrior 6-7,(not) I know it's base on historical events, I own a copy of the "Romance of the three kingdoms" those skins looks exactly like the one in the Koei game, therefore the question, was it a collaboration or something?

Point being, since they are public domain, there's no gain by collaborating, rather Riot would probably have to pay something (also, Japanese companies are notorious for issues with fans outside of their borders).

Shredder XIII

01-17-2013

that's what i'm wondering, if they had to pay or ask, thanks for the answer.

Valenten

01-17-2013

i doubt they worked with them at all.

DarkTundras

01-17-2013

what does it matter, it's public domain, smite made a Sun Wukong, monkey king with a staff. it's public domain end of story.

Majinken

01-17-2013

It's called rip-off.

Shredder XIII

01-17-2013

Sun Wu kong is a God so yes public domain, his suit in Smite is completly different from the one in other games, Look at Guan Yu in smite, he's different enough that you know he wasn't inspire by DW but by actual statues of him , but here Xin looks exactly like Zhao Yun from DW7
*******http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zzfgs8VTa74/TM3JkVkBweI/AAAAAAAAGng/81gPcrO-vXg/s1600/Dynasty-Warriors-7_2010_10-29-10_13.jpg********