ARAM MVP Champs (tournament discussion thread)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

New Gamerleans

01-11-2013

So, it's 15 minutes until the tourny starts and to kill time we're going to see who we feel are the most absurdly strong champions in Proving Grounds.

[***EDITING IN PROGRESS - list tweaking unfinished***]

Poke
Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3

Initiation
Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3

Tank
Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3

Burst
Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3

Support
Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3

[I]This thread was based on the discussion in the "1v1 tier list". Please post your opinions on this categorization so I can tweak the list accordingly.

Trapspider

01-11-2013

Psh elise is god tier bro.

Zielmann

01-12-2013

You have Nami in 'moderate' and 'meh'

Skagwatcher

01-12-2013

Urgot meh?! You kidding me, Urgot is the poke master. Put a squishy at half HP with one corrosive charge and he also gets pretty ****ing tanky too without his damage suffering.

ZerglingsForZion

01-12-2013

Rammus 100% God mode? For most people he's in the bottom five of all champs.

innervation

01-12-2013

Most people are wrong - but he's not God mode either.

My operational definition of 'God mode' is a champion who directly and negatively affects how you play the game. See blitzcrank.

Lopello

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

Syndra debuted in your top list twice, I don't think she's -that- overpowered.

Zielmann

01-13-2013

To be fair, there are a lot of champions, and he was working on this between casting games of the ARAM tourney, so it'd be easy to forget that you had put somebody down already.

New Gamerleans

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
You have Nami in 'moderate' and 'meh'
Thanks for the spot, fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skagwatcher View Post
Urgot meh?! You kidding me, Urgot is the poke master. Put a squishy at half HP with one corrosive charge and he also gets pretty ****ing tanky too without his damage suffering.
The problem is his poke is highly dependent on locking on and falls off late game. In addition, his ultimate is next to useless in team fights. Granted, this is just based off of what I see and experience along with the input from the people who were on the stream with me when this thread was written. If more people point out the same thing, I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majben View Post
Rammus 100% God mode? For most people he's in the bottom five of all champs.
Perhaps if they don't know how to play/build him. I would dare say he's in the top 3 ARAM tanks. Especially with a thornmail against ADCs, you can forget about a win if you're against that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopello View Post
Syndra debuted in your top list twice, I don't think she's -that- overpowered.
Thanks for the spot But I have to disagree. She's a game changer. Her burst is probably in the top 5 of all champions when played correctly and her poke is difficult to rival.

As a reminder to all, this was just a list I and my viewers threw together between tournament games. The purpose of this thread was to create discussion. Sorry if I offended people who favor some of the champions listed in Moderate or Meh :P

PandemoniumHeart

01-13-2013

Your tiers are way too big and lack any finesse. The naming is also stupid; "God mode" is a name that implies the absolute cream of the crop, best 1-5 champions; not every run of the mill decent one.

Break down the lists more. Make more tiers and harder choices, or else break down based on type of champion (mage, bruiser, tank, carry, support maybe).