Slight Change to Allied Ult. Indicators

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brycerras

01-16-2013

Just so were on the same page, Im talking about the green dots near the character portraits that indicate whether an ally's ultimate is up or on CD.

So heres the change:

Instead of an empty black circle when an allies ultimate is on cooldown, the circle will fill (in a clockwise fashion) indicating how much time is left on the cooldown. It would be colored red, until the skill is ready, in which it would change color to green.

So lets say Champion A ulties, The indicater would go black, and then slowly start filling in red, until it comes off CD, in which the now full red circle will turn green.

Why the different color is just because when you have champs with long ults, the circle may end up appearing full before the CD really is up. Red is also pretty noticeable, so a quick glance to the champion portraits can tell you if its up or not.

I think this change will help with team coordination, allowing for a bit better team play coordination and better judgement plays.

Qsario

01-16-2013

Also, can you try putting the word "ULT" in there or something? I was well past level 30 before someone clued me in about what that dot meant....

A tooltip wouldn't hurt either. I guess I never checked to see if there already is one, though, so there could be.

Brycerras

01-16-2013

Well yeah, a lot of people didnt pick up on it at first, either cause they didnt read the patch notes or whatever. Anyways, I just think that adding this would allow people to knwo when their allies are nearly available to better plan out engagements, especially in games where someone is either pugging or what not.