so riot basically blanket nerfed all ap now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuko Prince

01-16-2013

cost of witchcap and BFT went up, something almost all casters buy, our power is now delayed

Ikruti

01-16-2013

I dunno, I think the not having to wait on a NLR is rather nice.

EDIT: I'm curious on the downvote, most seem to like the change to two wands vs 1 NLR. If you disagree that's fine, but could you at least explain why?

MajorUrsa

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuko Prince View Post
cost of witchcap and BFT went up, something almost all casters buy, our power is now delayed
It took me a little while longer to get BFT, but I got more for it, when I finally got there. It doesnt even feel that much different. I picked up Guise, then grabbed a Codex, followed by my Pick, finished off my BFT. The added mana regen is a nice little stat to have, and the increase in CDR and 10 more AP means while you arent getting the item as early as you could, the utility and purchase extend their value even more.

And the Witchcap changes come off more as a quality of life change for casters that want to build it. While yes, it lost 10 armor, and only a small cost decrease, the build path is much nicer in a Dominion game setting. Instead of grabbing that chain vest and having to wait 3-5 minutes (or longer, depending on how the game is going) to farm that 1600 gold for the Rod, you can pick up two much cheaper Wands to help your AP curve over the game. This is a fantastic change, and one Im looking forward to utilizing in more of my AP builds.

Stark Midnight

01-16-2013

Mp5 is a wasted stat on blackfire torch, your essentially paying a good amount of gold for something you don't need. A prospectors ring is more then enough, I'm going ot have to change my build order because the 1000 gold delay is too much, enspecially when blackfire builds out of two garbage items.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

BFT got a very clear nerf, and it went back to that problem where champions (like morde) who don't need mana regen are buying wasted stats.

Wooglet's is in a good place, it is definitely nice that you don't have to save to 1600 to get a large gain in power.

A Slime Appears

01-16-2013

Champs that abuse it well, like Amumu, will still rush it and be annoying as **** with it. I guess it might be a nerf to champs who can't abuse how it works with DoT. I know I've still seen it almost every game since the patch, despite the "nerfs".

MajorUrsa

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bma View Post
BFT got a very clear nerf, and it went back to that problem where champions (like morde) who don't need mana regen are buying wasted stats.

Wooglet's is in a good place, it is definitely nice that you don't have to save to 1600 to get a large gain in power.
Its just not the catch all AP solution it used to be. Which is fine. So Morde and Akali get wasted stats? It helps other casters that could use the mp5 in their early game transition to mid game. It might shake up your builds but its not all fire and brimstone.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikruti View Post
I dunno, I think the not having to wait on a NLR is rather nice.

EDIT: I'm curious on the downvote, most seem to like the change to two wands vs 1 NLR. If you disagree that's fine, but could you at least explain why?
about the wooglets
1Ndr=1600 gold

2 wands= 1720 gold Plus blasting wand is soo... slot innefective...one is not much of a problem but having to sit in two Single stat poles for a big part of the game is..well compared with brutalizer+phage is.....*sigh*

MyDeadGrandma

01-16-2013

I think the upfront CDR is worth the delayed complete bft.

Ikruti

01-16-2013

In regards to the Wooglets:

But wasn't the old combine cost 1200 and the new one 1060? So doesn't that sort of make up the cost difference?

And while it's true that it's less slot effective to build, doesn't that offer the ability to build it piecemeal and not feel as gimped? Less of an all or nothing?