New Passive: Echo location

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chturga

01-16-2013

Here is an idea I had... I'm a very auditory player... I always used to hunt players, gauge distances, etc. in Counter Strike by listening to their footsteps and the sounds of gunfire and this proved to be an effective skill I developed. You can do this to a certain extent in League now... next time you're in mid watching yourself play listen for your jungler killing the wraith camp behind you... more than likely you can here their skills going off. Now, what if we gave a passive to a new champ that could do this from anywhere on the map? It wouldn't have to be an immediate effect... say they had to focus for 6 seconds or so by not moving or attacking and then they could scan the map listening for effects going off. As it stands now the fog of war kills off noise effects too... I think this would be a new, unique, and effective skill for say a support or jungle champ to have. Thoughts? Opinions?

xTfenrirTx

01-16-2013

Uhm, the problem with this that I can think of is that if hes reliant on that passive, which a passive helps early game considerably, it could ruin a champion. Although you did give me an idea. Contact me on the NA server if you wanna hear it.

The5lacker

01-16-2013

Far too confusing and of very limited use. An interesting one would be, say, the ability to detect movement within a radius, regardless of his ability to see the champion. Not enough for targeting, mind you, but there would be small indicators for stealthed champions, champions in bushes, behind walls, etc.That could be interesting to toy with. But in a game where the camera isn't stuck to a point and sounds aren't exactly the prime method of seeing things, I don't think the ability to hear someone attacking from across the map would be particularly useful.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

if you can hear it in this game then you can already see it...

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chturga View Post
Here is an idea I had... I'm a very auditory player... I always used to hunt players, gauge distances, etc. in Counter Strike by listening to their footsteps and the sounds of gunfire and this proved to be an effective skill I developed. You can do this to a certain extent in League now... next time you're in mid watching yourself play listen for your jungler killing the wraith camp behind you... more than likely you can here their skills going off. Now, what if we gave a passive to a new champ that could do this from anywhere on the map? It wouldn't have to be an immediate effect... say they had to focus for 6 seconds or so by not moving or attacking and then they could scan the map listening for effects going off. As it stands now the fog of war kills off noise effects too... I think this would be a new, unique, and effective skill for say a support or jungle champ to have. Thoughts? Opinions?
Made just for you! Varat, the BloodSucker