How to decrease dodging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sushì

01-23-2013

just wait for the new ARAM game mode queue to come out. should work on a similar system to normal queue?

Golf Chang

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
just wait for the new ARAM game mode queue to come out. should work on a similar system to normal queue?
I honestly like it better as a custom, matchmaking will make it competitive, but It will fix most problems

Xuanxue NA

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaver Penalty 3 View Post
Only things I can think of which are very harsh are:
- Only be able to see your teams champions
- Dodge timer
- Remove champions with no viability in ARAM
- Lose IP per dodge (Iliketurtle)
- Force players to exit out of client in order to dodge (Demonic Instinct) Might just make it aggravating for dodgers
- Mark players after a recent dodge for 10 minutes (Kalarepa)
no, no
no

no
no

no thanks, how about.... Random balancing.... randomly select a champ from each role for each team, so one team doesn't have imba poke and the game has a higher chance of being a good game, instead of a imba fest. OH and i really don't care for how you can win with any chmpion in aram, with 4 random players and a full poke comp you will not win more than 1/3rd of the time . I've played a ton of this mode and no matter how hard you try. The changes you proposed would stop me from playing aram. yi, shen, malphite,blitz dodge lol.

Golf Chang

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuze GTA View Post
no, no
no

no
no

no thanks, how about.... Random balancing.... randomly select a champ from each role for each team, so one team doesn't have imba poke and the game has a higher chance of being a good game, instead of a imba fest. OH and i really don't care for how you can win with any chmpion in aram, with 4 random players and a full poke comp you will not win more than 1/3rd of the time . I've played a ton of this mode and no matter how hard you try. The changes you proposed would stop me from playing aram. yi, shen, malphite,blitz dodge lol.
That just encourages current meta, you shouldn't randomize depending on the role, there is already draft and blind for Proving Grounds.

Demonic Instinct

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
I would just give them some mark (visible for everyone) for the next 15 minutes, after they dodged a custom game. Host could decide, will he keep those people or kick them.
I really like this idea. It goes with the whole community-decides-punishment tribunal system.
Also, if that person had too many issues getting in a lobby, they could always make their own but if other players don't want to play with them, well then that will be their fault.

It would be quite funny to see an influx of "dodger lobbies" filled with marked players who can't get into normal lobbies, so they could annoy each other with their habit.

LrdVprScrpn

01-25-2013

I think the "Mark of Shame" Icon is good. Have it last 5 minutes. 15 is too long.

Nightlynx

01-26-2013

remove that damn button. All my leaves came from me clicking the chat box while the host decided to start game at the exact same time. click goes down over where the leave game button will pop up and voila, instant accidental dodge. -.-

They should also mark all aram dodgers with a huge DODGER word on the player tab when they enter a aram room. And the mark should stay on for around, say, ten years? No need to ban them from joining games :P

edit: People above had the same idea as me D:

ninjaipod

01-26-2013

what about that idea somone gave a while ago where the game give you 3 random champions and you pick one...
I will try to find the thread...
edit: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2982419

quirKed

01-26-2013

Just make it so that either no one can see their champion or the match instantly starts after it is found so no one has time to look at the different champions in the game. Easy fix.

Golf Chang

01-28-2013

Great ideas I will update this, also, the Mark of Shame seems like the suggestion, Rune Prison but for ARAM.