Zed or Nami

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Defendi

01-16-2013

My experiences with both so far look like this.
Zed: He once killed me as I faced checked the brush one time with his ulti. He also once killed me with his auto attack--but im sure it was some lucky crit he had an IE. Noting that both times I was technically 'dead' before running into him before. I have never had one force me back or rethink the current build I was making. If anything LB could have sent me packing even if I had more health at the time.

Nami: I have never gone up against one time besides a single time during her free week. I have never seen one after that. Her bubble allows for an awesome initiates it seems. But then again LuLu's CC and Ulti have so much presence but she does not interest me...

I realize that these two are completely different with completely different roles however what I am really looking for is how effective are they at the roles they play. Is Zed really that strong of an assassin. It doesn't seem that way when he is relatively new and no one plays him and with no buffs in sight. I am some what favoring Nami. Not because I see her as more of an effective pick but because I do favor her ulti and its animation (Altho I am sure it could have been more dramatic!) but the mana cost of her spells are very high--to high. But this minor CD buff on her CC seems good. Better than what Zed is offering considering it does not seem as if he will be getting any buffs for some time now.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Nami is a support with trmendously low base stats meaning that even if you build tanky you usually melt, her Kit IS strong her base stats just don't support it.

Zed is fine as he is per se , an Horrible Early game translates into one of the best lategames, people often shy away from new Ad aditions because of fail sheeple logic like " can't build/ is not a bruiser? then not worth it" he's underplayed for that sole reason and has only seen a rise in popularity because pros are using him on tournaments way too much and the cattle is following, The Only thing stopping Zed from being an actual high tier Dominion champion is that high energy costs don't translate so well to a map where Mana based champions are heavily favored thanks to the aura .

MajorUrsa

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defendi View Post
My experiences with both so far look like this.
Zed: He once killed me as I faced checked the brush one time with his ulti. He also once killed me with his auto attack--but im sure it was some lucky crit he had an IE. Noting that both times I was technically 'dead' before running into him before. I have never had one force me back or rethink the current build I was making. If anything LB could have sent me packing even if I had more health at the time.

Nami: I have never gone up against one time besides a single time during her free week. I have never seen one after that. Her bubble allows for an awesome initiates it seems. But then again LuLu's CC and Ulti have so much presence but she does not interest me...

I realize that these two are completely different with completely different roles however what I am really looking for is how effective are they at the roles they play. Is Zed really that strong of an assassin. It doesn't seem that way when he is relatively new and no one plays him and with no buffs in sight. I am some what favoring Nami. Not because I see her as more of an effective pick but because I do favor her ulti and its animation (Altho I am sure it could have been more dramatic!) but the mana cost of her spells are very high--to high. But this minor CD buff on her CC seems good. Better than what Zed is offering considering it does not seem as if he will be getting any buffs for some time now.
Honestly Zed is probably the safer pick, his late game is fantastic and he can be effective on top and bot lane while I have yet to see an effectively played Nami. Shes forced into a singular build path due to her inherent squishness, you so often see them building kind of like Sona, tanky/support (Tanky/AD maybe viable with a muramana? Although I doubt she can finish it in a typical Dom game...). While her Q did get buffed with a CD reduction, its still very difficult skill to land and often unreliable against many gap closers (The speed increase on her ult should help against people easily dodging it however).

konfetarius

01-16-2013

Zed 100%. His early game is a crappy unless your enemies let you AoE them a lot, late game his damage is good enough to outstrip his crappy assassin kit.

Nami, I think Nami is the worst Dominion champion I ever had the displeasure of trying. Terrible damage, mediocre utility, mediocre heal, terrible cooldowns, terrible survivability.

The Fizznity

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Zed 100%. His early game is a crappy unless your enemies let you AoE them a lot, late game his damage is good enough to outstrip his crappy assassin kit.
...His kit is awesome...

smXho

01-17-2013

everytime i pick nami, i get complained by my team saying she is trash
I enjoy Nami a lot, but she is only good if you build her as a tanky support. But she does have really high skill cap

On the other hand, Zed is also a tonne of fun, but easier to master. And i have a strong feeling Zed fits you better,

Sauron

01-17-2013

zimike, the premier of supports in Dominion, considers Nami a "non-person."

I keep telling him it's because she's a fish!

Luninareph

01-17-2013

I rather like Nami, but she doesn't do well against gapclosers, which Dominion is usually rampant with. She MUST stick by teammates or else she's dead in the water (groan). She's kind of like a less tanky version of Nautilus; heavy CC but little soloing potential. Her kit does let her stay well back from the main fury of a fight, though; the way W bounces is very convenient for this, as is the long range of Tidal Wave and Aqua Prison. She contributes the most in 3v3 fights, but those are kind of rare. She's still a big help in 2v2s, but only if she can stay alive long enough to do what she needs to do.

She needs a lot of AP and CDR to be effective, so I build her tanky AP as best I can: Wooglet's, Athene's, Sweeper, etc. Rylai's is pretty nice, but so damn expensive. She doesn't do too badly with the Shard of True Ice, either, since she needs some pretty big items to stay competitive and she drinks mana like water. If they follow through on making a Dom-oriented RoA, I think she'll really like it.

Definitely not as safe, reliable, and effective as top Dom supports like Lulu and Janna, but I confess, I enjoy her.

I don't know much about Zed. Never seen him played and only played him once myself. I was less than impressed; I thought I was really going to like his shadow mechanic, but it fell flat for me in execution. I hear he can output a lot of damage if played well, but I didn't find him fun enough to put in the effort.

SlothCrusade

01-17-2013

Zed is alright.

I like being able to dish out damage and get away, or assassinate squishies...but then I bought Kha'zix....
I'm not really compering them as the same exact champ, but I play them similarly (items, and strategy) and I seem to do better with Kha'zix.

I'm kind of disappointed in Nami tbh.