MR for tanks (not a FON rage thread)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Autocthon

01-21-2013

And then you buy Warmog's and magic damage is no longer an issue.

LOL @

Implying Galio/Amumu can't build abyssal
Implying Shen/Singed/Malphite can't build bulwark

Axis the Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimphoenix View Post
singed, malphite, sejuani, and galio, as well as shen, amumu, and voli to a lesser extent, read the post before you post, had you read ANY of it, you would see clear reasoning why they dont work on any given champion, kindly stop making a fool of yourself.
Instead of calling them full tank, call them non-support tanks. Leona is still a full tank, she's just also a really good support. Malphite is a full tank, he just usually goes Top/Jungle.

Galio, Amumu, and to a lesser extent, Malphite, all benefit from Abyssal Scepter, which most support-tanks don't get (e.g. Leona, Alistar). Also, Athene's and Galio are a match made in Heaven.

Galio, Shen and Voli benefit from Spirit Visage pretty well, and pretty much all tanks can run Warmog's+SV and be really tough against magic damage.

ROOOOOAST

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimphoenix View Post
singed, malphite, sejuani, and galio, as well as shen, amumu, and voli to a lesser extent, read the post before you post, had you read ANY of it, you would see clear reasoning why they dont work on any given champion, kindly stop making a fool of yourself.

As promised :

Singed : ABYSSAL IS GREAT ON SINGED.......................... If you miss the MS get alacricity, and even if FoN was in the game, the MS would have been nerfed, as other MS item.
Malphite : abysal maybe, but I would get a BV for early game sustain (with malphite mana issues) and so im not kited as hard if I dont have my ult. But malphite is an anti AD champ, on wich you stack armor, not MR.
Sejuani : TANK SUPPORT : what is a tank support : someone who provide CC or buff for his team, is really tanky, but doesnt deal that much damage. As sejuani, GET A BULWARK.
Galio : REALLY REALLY ??? Abyssal on galio is terrible, as with athene????
Shen : get a wits end. Or even a spirit visage for you q regen + hp + cdr + mr.
Amumu : grab a bulwark if going tank support, else grab an abyssal.
Voli : never actually played volibear, so I dont know what you should buy on him. But I see a lot of volibear atacking HP, and hp is a hard counter to mage. A spirit visage to increase passive? A BV so you can run in and flip someone without being stunned? A maw to increase AD+ trololol low hp regen/shield?? Wits end to add too your ult? Seems like you got plenty of choices, tho.

If you think im still a fool or w/e or want to contest one of these champion buy, reply, ill look out for it.

Or if you still doesnt understand that going full tank is like supporting , because your indirectly carrying, idk what to say, ecxepted that your a fool who doesnt think, just want FoN back.

ROOOOOAST

01-21-2013

I would like to point out to you, grimphoenix, that you got bearzeker greave on your shen, when you couls have gone with merc, "because there isnt much MR item for tank already".
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/241639#history

Radson

01-21-2013

This is going to sound wishy washy, but I will say instead I have a different opinion. Current items for MR work just fine on tanks... the problem is that FoN had the single highest magic resist at 76 vs the new high of... 45 I think it is? There are plenty of armor options, but few MR options. I wouldn't mind a replacement type item that had a bit more MR.

Though that being said I usually play AP champs and I love the lack of FoN on EVERY tank EVER. EVER. I do feel they need more, though

Radson

01-21-2013

Whoops, forgot that Bulwark stacked your buff, doubling it to a 60. I do like the Bulwark, and think it's a GREAT upgrade from Aegis... which I hated and never got because I hated it.

Syntax Er0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Any champion that buys Warmogs can make use of Spirit Visage (As it increases the regen given to you by Warmogs).

Also, Magic damage tends to come in small bursts as opposed to over-time. There are only a specific few champions that deal Magic in sustained low amounts (Singed, Amumu etc...).

In those cases; they are usually building tank rather than damage.

Thus, you don't normally require sustained damage reduction against MR.

Hitpoints + Some MR will see most full tanks through a burst from a mage. Warmogs + SV is usually enough to live through Annie's combo for example (assuming equality in gold). I've also found Bulwark to be a perfect item on a tank (rather than a support).

Bulkwark / Aegis are at their peak in the mid-game. A support may not be able to get the full bulkwark by Mid-game. It's better for a team to have that item then not to have it (best possible team member to buy it in my opinion is a jungler as they will visit each lane for ganking; bringing an Aegis to a counter-gank really swings things in your favor!).

400hp + 60MR is nothing to laugh at. That's a GOOD magic resist item.

Autocthon

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax Er0r View Post
Any champion that buys Warmogs can make use of Spirit Visage (As it increases the regen given to you by Warmogs).

Also, Magic damage tends to come in small bursts as opposed to over-time. There are only a specific few champions that deal Magic in sustained low amounts (Singed, Amumu etc...).

In those cases; they are usually building tank rather than damage.

Thus, you don't normally require sustained damage reduction against MR.

Hitpoints + Some MR will see most full tanks through a burst from a mage. Warmogs + SV is usually enough to live through Annie's combo for example (assuming equality in gold). I've also found Bulwark to be a perfect item on a tank (rather than a support).

Bulkwark / Aegis are at their peak in the mid-game. A support may not be able to get the full bulkwark by Mid-game. It's better for a team to have that item then not to have it (best possible team member to buy it in my opinion is a jungler as they will visit each lane for ganking; bringing an Aegis to a counter-gank really swings things in your favor!).

400hp + 60MR is nothing to laugh at. That's a GOOD magic resist item.
Ganking with an aegis on the jungler into a lane with aegis s ridiculous. Massive damage reduction total.

bob000

01-22-2013

Not a rage thread.
Line 1: RAAAGE

grimphoenix

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob000 View Post
Not a rage thread.
Line 1: RAAAGE
not a FON rage thread, getting trolled massively, i feel free to rage on