MR for tanks (not a FON rage thread)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

grimphoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

TIRED OF ANTI MR BS HERE, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE, GO FIND A THREAD ABOUT RAGING IF YOU WANT TO POST IT.

Hello,
I am writing this because I know that there are a ton of people who want another dedicated tank MR item back, all the ones we have right now can not be built on full tanks, or are mixed with useless stats, I am proposing to turn this thread into a petition to bring back an item for the full tanks out there who want MR without unused damage stats and useless secondary abilities, please post your support here, if you have already posted a thread please link it, and I will update the supported post count with all of the posters in your thread.

Note that this is for full on top tanks (singed, malphite, sejuani, and galio, as well as shen, amumu, and voli to a lesser extent) Not support tanks (taric, leona, others)

Here are some of the current MR items and why they do not work.
Bulwark, supports buy this item, not tanks, buying it on a tank if you have a support is a waste of a slot which could be used for an item with team beneficial stats or additional MR should one be available.
Banshees, most of this effect is in the spell shield, as a full tank you need more health, mana, and MR than this item can give you, it is for squishes with carry problems, not tanks.
Visage, this item is best used on swain, ww, fiddle, and vlad, champions with little to no benefit from HP regen can not use this item effectively, ergo, most tanks.
Maw, abyssal, and wits end have the same problem, they are for damage, this gives them inferior defense stats.

Best possible stats on this item.
MR (obviously)
Move speed (engagements and interceptions are much easier and more fun when you can get to them in the first place)

Secondary stats and ability ideas.
Percentage based magic damage reduction.
Flat magic damage reduction off of each spell.
Delay damage taken (eg, instead of being bursted, some percent of damage would be absorbed and delt to the user as a DOT over 5-10 seconds, same damage just prevents the insta kill on being CCed)
Damage dealt to attacker on hit (either on magic damage or independent on how much they do to you)
Speed boost when taking damage
Damage to enemies based on your max HP
Feel free to post other ideas.

Current Supporting Post Count: 9

to all those who are tired of building abyssal and maw on champions without scalings, HUZZA! we will not give up!

P.S.
Please find another post to voice anti MR concerns, you are not wanted here, message me on league and I can suggest a couple threads to post your hate.

ROOOOOAST

01-16-2013

Dude, just tell me what champ (full tank) u cant use any stated item.

You can build bulwark on all full tank, because FULL TANK ARE TANKY SUPPORT, THAT CARRY BY HELPING THERE TEAM WIN. So, buying bulwark over FoN : 16 less mr, for 30 mr for each of ur teammate... Seems like a good trade. AND it gives hp, armor, and hp5.

Going full tank in s3 is dumb anyway

EDIT: Im not going anti-MR rage mode, im just saying you can build other things than FoN, and that you shouldnt need that much more anti-ap item. Making such an item, wich a lot of hp and a lot of MR, would make you unkillable to champ like akali, diana, leblanc.

grimphoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

apparently someone didnt read ANY of my post, good day sir, aand in the future, read before you make a fool of yourself

bigfriendsmen

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOOOOAST View Post
Dude, just tell me what champ (full tank) u cant use any stated item.

You can build bulwark on all full tank, because FULL TANK ARE TANKY SUPPORT, THAT CARRY BY HELPING THERE TEAM WIN. So, buying bulwark over FoN : 16 less mr, for 30 mr for each of ur teammate... Seems like a good trade. AND it gives hp, armor, and hp5.

Going full tank in s3 is dumb anyway
This. If you are a tank with horrible scaling (Leona) and want pure defensive stats then Bulwark and the remade Spirit Visage are both great replacements for FoN, and Banshee's is as useful as it always was. Losing the movespeed was the only part of FoN that I regret not having in the game currently, but the new boot upgrades and better base speed for everyone helps. All ms items recieved nerfs so even if FoN was still in the game it would have a reduced % on it. MR is in a great place this season, its just that defenses in general are weaker now that % pen applies before flat pen and now that 2 new viable options have been added (Liandry's for AP and the remade BC for AD)

67chrome

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimphoenix View Post
Here are some of the current MR items and why they do not work.
Bulwark, supports buy this item, not tanks, buying it on a tank if you have a support is a waste of a slot which could be used for an item with team beneficial stats or additional MR should one be available.
Good call. Most magic-damage is single target anyways, so the MR aura isn't even that useful. Supports get a crazy amount of gold and auras don't stack either, so running into a situation were a support goes full-build and cancels out all the benefits your aura is so common it's best to leave aura its for supports and supports alone. They totally have way more health than a purple caster minion too, and with the ADC spotting them constantly and blowing their ultimate to keep the support alive it's not like the support is going to die, ever, to make 2 aura items useful at all.

Tyr Ahn Nee

01-18-2013

+1 I support this thread.

I would also like to support this thread with one of the best criticisms of the existing MR items that I know of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealNinje

Now, in order to get a good regen item, you have to forgo tankiness and mobility. If you want a good tanking item, you have to forgo regen and mobility. If you want a good movespeed item, you have to forgo regen and tankiness.

These tradeoffs plain and simply suck for tanks. The new items help mitigate the problems a little bit, but most of the items happen to be better for squishy champions than for tanks. Even Iceborn Gauntlets, which was practically designed for tanks, is better on squishy ranged champions.

TealNinje

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Ahn Nee View Post
+1 I support this thread.

I would also like to support this thread with one of the best criticisms of the existing MR items that I know of!

Stop using my posts.

grimphoenix

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfriendsmen View Post
This. If you are a tank with horrible scaling (Leona) and want pure defensive stats then Bulwark and the remade Spirit Visage are both great replacements for FoN, and Banshee's is as useful as it always was. Losing the movespeed was the only part of FoN that I regret not having in the game currently, but the new boot upgrades and better base speed for everyone helps. All ms items recieved nerfs so even if FoN was still in the game it would have a reduced % on it. MR is in a great place this season, its just that defenses in general are weaker now that % pen applies before flat pen and now that 2 new viable options have been added (Liandry's for AP and the remade BC for AD)
Sir, leona is a support, not a full on top tank, as well as the fact that the option to build MR on a dedicated tank has ceased to exist now.

ROOOOOAST

01-18-2013

Give me real exemple of a full tank, if leona isnt a full tank. ON WHO U CANT BUY ANY OF THOSE:
a) BV
b) spirit visage
c) abyssal
d) bulwark
e) maw
f) wits end
g) scimitar (qss)

And magic dmg is mostly burst, so if u are going full tank, why get MR, you should be fine with grabbing some MR, not a lot, because if you are focused/bursted you wont die and they will use ability on you and not on that fed vayne in your team.

grimphoenix

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOOOOAST View Post
Give me real exemple of a full tank, if leona isnt a full tank. ON WHO U CANT BUY ANY OF THOSE:
a) BV
b) spirit visage
c) abyssal
d) bulwark
e) maw
f) wits end
g) scimitar (qss)

And magic dmg is mostly burst, so if u are going full tank, why get MR, you should be fine with grabbing some MR, not a lot, because if you are focused/bursted you wont die and they will use ability on you and not on that fed vayne in your team.
singed, malphite, sejuani, and galio, as well as shen, amumu, and voli to a lesser extent, read the post before you post, had you read ANY of it, you would see clear reasoning why they dont work on any given champion, kindly stop making a fool of yourself.