Some good and bad thoughts o the music

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Riolyne

02-03-2013

I'm going to start this with praise. I really do like the music, The season 3 music is awesome. Whoever is in charge of it is doing a phenomenal job. Every champion or special release with their own personalized flair really sets the mood and ignites my excitement when I log in for the first time after the change.

What I don't like is how we don't have a clear theme. For example when someone hums the first three notes of mario, most know exactly what the song is and can complete the rest of the ditty no problem and they know exactly what was playing in the first person's head. With so many themes, when someone around me hums the beginnings to a league one of the following happens, I either don't know what they're singing, or the songs we now have in our head are not the same. Now I'm not sure if that's the goal of the different themes or if I'm just nuts.

My point is, music wise, we have a theme, but it's not just one song, it's a bunch. People who have been around this game for over a year can remember what the original league song was. (Though I have to point out the trailer and the original opening theme were similar, but I think the trailer came first so that's the original)

My only suggestion, is the week a new champ/holiday/whatever the new song is for, the new song is the login music for the week or two. The following weeks until the next champion/holiday/whatever is a song that defines league. Whether that song is a new one or one created from the past is up to Riot.

TLDR Music is great, however I wish there was a clear this is league of legends theme song that we would hear more often.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Riolyne

02-03-2013

I also just realized I mistyped the forum title. Hurrah for typos!