Does behavior matter on who is on your team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrant Zell

Senior Member

03-08-2013

So like, I have stayed positive lately and have won 6 matches in a row.

Havent had a single toxic player in my team.

Because I stayed positive, is that the reason why I got all those nice people?

I remember when I kind of raged, I got the toxic people.

Anyone observe this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

03-08-2013

Yep, I definitely think there is a lot of truth to this. Of course there will be some people that are toxic and it's competely out of your control, so in that respect you've had some good luck. But I think there are far more neutral people who just reflect the attitude their allies send their way, or escalate toxicity when it starts because they want the last word, and with these types of people being positive from the start means you have a way better experience.

This is also why people who come to the forums and say "There's a troll in literally 100% of my games" have trouble getting much respect. There's usually a very good reason all their games go badly, and it's not because everyone but them is toxic.

I'm glad to hear you're putting in this effort and even more glad to hear it's being rewarded.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X Frady

Senior Member

03-08-2013

Temper is the key. People with bad temper will always be toxic just because you are breathing. If, of course, you insult a person with bad temper trying to be nice in at least one game, you will both be toxic for the rest of the game and probably lose.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ladayen

Senior Member

03-08-2013

Yes and no. It has nothing to do with Riot though. It you remain positive, other people are more likely to remain positive. If you start being negative other people are more likely to start being negative.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razgriz19

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-08-2013

Positive = people communicate and help
Negative = people afk, everyone refuse to communicate, and 0 skills in rank

Thats all there is.
The people that from the start of the game starts so friendly, in 90% of the cases feeds all game, and then reports other cause of harras.

To have a good experience, be positive and have skill, at least in rank. In normal games doesnt matter, positive people helps it to be fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrant Zell

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Thanks for the helpful answers, anyone else?

(I dont understand why you guys were downvoted)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Incontestabil

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz19 View Post
Negative = people afk, everyone refuse to communicate, and 0 skills in rank
if someone red my topic this is what i was talking about
kinda funny the very next topic i read i find something like this

on topic thou, people downvoted because they like to blame elo hell on trolls and "feeders"
instead of focusing on their game they look at what others do wrong and call them out on it instead of focusing on not repeating their own mistakes
you don`t even have to "think positive" or any guru **** just don`t be a jerk to others and inevitably others won`t be a jerk back to you.. most of the time..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrant Zell

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Yep, I definitely think there is a lot of truth to this. Of course there will be some people that are toxic and it's competely out of your control, so in that respect you've had some good luck. But I think there are far more neutral people who just reflect the attitude their allies send their way, or escalate toxicity when it starts because they want the last word, and with these types of people being positive from the start means you have a way better experience.

This is also why people who come to the forums and say "There's a troll in literally 100% of my games" have trouble getting much respect. There's usually a very good reason all their games go badly, and it's not because everyone but them is toxic.

I'm glad to hear you're putting in this effort and even more glad to hear it's being rewarded.
I do whatever I can to keep the experience well for everyone else.

It is my dream to go pro one day


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrivateBaldric

Senior Member

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Makarov View Post
Thanks for the helpful answers, anyone else?

(I dont understand why you guys were downvoted)
Just as there is in the game. There are trolls here that think you shouldn't have to be positive or nice. You should suck it up and "be an adult" about it because "people curse IRL".

They dislike that Riot disapproves of that viewpoint so the just hit threads and down vote people. They are likely to be currently banned and have little else to do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrant Zell

Senior Member

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateBaldric View Post
Just as there is in the game. There are trolls here that think you shouldn't have to be positive or nice. You should suck it up and "be an adult" about it because "people curse IRL".

They dislike that Riot disapproves of that viewpoint so the just hit threads and down vote people. They are likely to be currently banned and have little else to do.
Ive been staying positive this whole time.

So far, it's going well for me. I am 4 wins from being 50/50 in wins and losses. 330/334 right now