Role selection BEFORE queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galsak

01-16-2013

**English is not my first language**

I am probably not he first to propose that but i will still do it. For those who play world of warcraft this system is already well known for you. What I suggest is that before you queue for lets say a ranked game you can choose you role. alot of drama happen when pick order is random and people are last for people who solo/duo queue you will know what I mean. So if you feel like jungling all you have to do is check jungle if u feel like you could mid u check mid and there you go you get queued for one of those position. Now people will go : We are going to be waiting for support for ever ! Well not if you reward people who play the most needed role with lets say a small IP boost reward. If support are low on number the Icone become maybe another color and you get an aditional 50 IP if you queue has support. Well this is only a suggestion that would remove the drama from solo/duo queue sorry for my bad english.

MoonLiteNite

01-18-2013

Bad idea, que times will take longer, even more so at higher elo. It is bad enough at 15mins.

The reward is also bad, shouldn't be given more ip points because you played the unwanted roll. And in reality at higher elo support isnt the roll that is "lesser" it is even and is just as needed as every other roll.

But the idea as a hole is great, i actually just made a post about this. My idea would be to give your champ icon or something a marker showing what rolls you prefer the most, or what rolls you are best with, so as a team people can decide who should do what.

Ardez

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonLiteNite View Post
Bad idea, que times will take longer, even more so at higher elo. It is bad enough at 15mins.

The reward is also bad, shouldn't be given more ip points because you played the unwanted roll. And in reality at higher elo support isnt the roll that is "lesser" it is even and is just as needed as every other roll.

But the idea as a hole is great, i actually just made a post about this. My idea would be to give your champ icon or something a marker showing what rolls you prefer the most, or what rolls you are best with, so as a team people can decide who should do what.

One thing you want to be careful of. Trolls don't care what you pick. And you can't make people pick a champion they want, even if it isn't designed for that lane. Just because Nunu is a good jungler doesn't mean he can't run as tanky support. Etc.

MoonLiteNite

01-20-2013

Yeah, so in the end of any idea of this type, it comes down to people using it and hoping the other players use it. I would say around 75% of players would at least kinda go by it, it would certainly help me pick my champ in solo que games, based on what i see other players wanting to play.
I generally don't read the spam of "MID" "MID" "MID FIRST", "ADC or i feed!" text

Novä

01-20-2013

i want this, i have to re queue like 5 times last night for a sinple ranked match