[Champion Concept] Rhodas, The Gear Giant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ezel

01-16-2013

Description:
Rhodas is a giant robot, his size is just like Nautilus' size. He has many gears on his body, he has long arms, and his body is covered with an armor, he wears a Roman helmet. On his Back, he carries a giant gear, which is half of Rhodas size, that's his main gear. Rhodas general appearence is based on a Collossus. Rhodas' voice has a metalic effect on hit, like Orianna's voic, but deeper

Overvview
-Race: Machinery, like Blitzcrank or Orianna
-Origin: Shurima Desert, from the Shurima Civilization
-Alliance: None
-Class: Tank
-Sub-Class: Can be played as an Off-Tank or a Support
-Weapon: Fists
-Attack Type: Melee
-Resource: Mana
Rhodas is a Tank, designed to be an initiator, or a counter initiator, while preventing the enemies to get close to his allies, but also dealing damage to the enemies, Rhodas provides a complete selection of CC.

Stats:
Health: 475(+75 per level)
HP Regen: 7.5(+0.55 per level)
Mana: 205(+50 per level)
Mana Regen: 7(+0.48 per level)
Attack Damage: 51(+3.1 per level)
Attack Speed: 0.632(+0.95% per level)
Armor: 16(+3 per level)
Magic Resistance: 30(+1.1 per level)
Movement Speed: 315
Range: 170

Abilities:
Passive - Colosal Weight: Rhodas' weight makes him naturally resistant to knock-ups and some kinds of CC.
Rhodas reduce the duration of Knock-Ups by 50%, additionaly, Rhodas has 5/10/15% bonus Tenacity. This bonus stack with other Tenacity bonuses

[Q] - Ground Slam: Rhodas hits the ground with such force that stuns all nearby enemies, the effect is stronger the closer the enemies are from Rhodas.
Rhodas hits the ground, stuning nearby enemies during 1/1.2/1.5/1.7/2 seconds and dealing 65/105/145/165/195 (+50% total AD) physical damage. Enemies closer to Rhodas are stunned during 1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.5 seconds and receive 85/125/155/190/225 (+60% total AD)
Mana Cost: 50/70/90/110/130 mana

[W] - Stomp: Rhodas tramples the ground, which cause all nearby enemies to attack Rhodas during a few seconds.
Rhodas stomps the ground hardly, dealing 60/100/140/180/220 (+50% AP) magic damage to nearby enemies, and taunts them, causing them to attack Rhodas during 1/1/1.5/1.5/2 seconds, additionaly, Rhodas gains 5/10/15/20/25 bonus armor per enemy taunted during 3 seconds
Mana Cost: 60/75/90/105/120 mana

[E] - Gear Spin: Passively, Rhodas gains bonus movement speed. Upon ctivation, Rhodas' upper body spins very fast, dealing damage to nearby enemies, while spinning, Rhodas doubles the passive bonus movement speed.
Rhodas passively gains 15/20/25/30/35 Bonus movement speed. Uppon activation, Rhodas makes his upper body to spin very fast, dealing 10/25/40/55/70 (+40% Bonus AD) every second to nearby enemies, during 3 seconds. While spinning, Rhodas doubles the passive bonus movement speed.
Mana Cost: 50/70/90/110/130 mana

[R] - Fissure: Rhodas breaks the earth under his feet dealing magic damage to the enemies near him, the enemies are also knocked up during a brief time. The broken earth creates a crater around Rhodas, the crater makes a impassable terrain, which enemies cannot cross.
Rhodas hits the earth under his feet with such a strenght, that breaks the earth around him, dealing 150/250/350 (+70% AP) magical damage to all enemies around him, enemies hit are also knocked up during 1/1.2/1.5 seconds. The hit also creates a crater around Rhodas during 3 seconds. enemies cannot cross the crater.
Mana Cost: 100/150/200 mana

Lore

The now extinct civilization of Shurima had the most advanced technology of its time. The proof is Rhodas, an ancient robot found by Ezreal in the ruins of a sealed room in a Shurima's Temple, covered with dust and sand, Rhodas was a complete mystery. Rhodas was brought to the Institute of War, to be studied by some of the wisest summoner of the League. When they studied more deeply on Rhodas, they found an old gear on his hand. Amazed, they found the place where the gear fit, and after some windups, the giant robot stood up, and looked to the amazed summoners.

Rhodas was confused, he remembers that some mages choose him from other robots and gave him a conscience, but he was not sure why. After some time, the summoners explained to Rhodas that his civilization disappeared many centuries ago. Rhodas was in shock, all the people he lnew, the people who created him was no longer there, and Rhodas couldn't remember why he was given with a conscience, he felt that he had no purpose on life, but the summoners convinced him to join to the League of Legends, and teach them about his old civilization.

"When we forget our past, we only can think about our present and future"
-Rhodas

Quotes:
Uppon Selection:
-"An ancient machinery is at your service"

Uppon Attacking
-"Hard knuckles"
-"Feel my fist"
-"Hard metal"
-"I hope this help"
-"Attacking"

Uppon Movement
-"Comming"
-"Just give me time"
-"I go"
-"Never rust"
-"Moving isn't so easy when you weight 1000 pounds"
-"Rusted joints"

Joke:
-"I'm a little bit old for jokes, don't you think?"
-"Please, i have no time for this"
-"If you insist, hmm...... There are 2 kinds of people on Runeterra, those who can read binary, and those who can't..happy?"

Taunt:
-"You are too rusty fro this"
-"I have no heart, but you have no brain"
(When there's an enemy Fiddlesticks near Rhodas)
-"Gears beat muscles"

Dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HGGqHe4yIw Rhodas takes out his helmet and dances like this, but with more robotic movements.

Recall:
Rhodas makes his gears to spin, and his upper body starts to spin slowly.

Death Animation:
Rhodas loose control of his body, making it spin too fast, until it stops, and falls to the ground

Items:
Rhodas should be built with defensive items, but he can also be played as an AD/AP bruiser.

Starting Items:
Doran's Shield / Boots + 3 Health Potions / Cloth Armor + 5 Health Potions

Vital Items:
Mercury Treads / Sunfire Cap / Glacial Shroud

Offensive Items:
Frozen Mallet / Maw of Malmortius / Iceborn Gauntlet / Atma's Impaller

Defensive Items:
Frozen Heart / Locket of the Iron Solari / Warmog's Armor

Play Style:
Rhodas is designed to be a Tank Solo Top, but if needed he can be played as a Tanky Support, an AD Bruiser, an AP Bruiser, or if really needed, a Tanky Jungler.

Rhodas skillset makes him to be in the middle of the enemy team, because of that, Flash is a must have for him, but once he's there, he can initiate very well, providing good amounts of CC to lock enemies and save allies.

Please, coment your opinions about my champion, any feedback is apreciated
(Sorry for my english)

EDIT: The duration of the CC is reduced, and the damage of the abilities is nerfed.

Lord Ezel

01-16-2013

Any Feedback is received

DryRun

01-16-2013

i could give you my thoughts in a full review but it would be too biased against him right now, youre packing waayyy to much cc, say you make it into the fight, cast your ult, all nearby enemies are stuck in your super j4 ult for five seconds, when that ends you stun them for 2.5 seconds, once that is up you tuant them for 3 seconds...an AOE 10.5 disable is better then a whole team of lol tanks can put together right now. think about what kind of cc you want to bring and give the abilites a once over i will be back in a few. good luck with your champion!

Lord Ezel

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryRun View Post
i could give you my thoughts in a full review but it would be too biased against him right now, youre packing waayyy to much cc, say you make it into the fight, cast your ult, all nearby enemies are stuck in your super j4 ult for five seconds, when that ends you stun them for 2.5 seconds, once that is up you tuant them for 3 seconds...an AOE 10.5 disable is better then a whole team of lol tanks can put together right now. think about what kind of cc you want to bring and give the abilites a once over i will be back in a few. good luck with your champion!
The full potential of this champ, requires to have the enemies near him, all of his abilities requires the enemies to be in range of his basic attack, Rhodas has no range abilities, and all of his skills are designed to have 170 range, maybe 180, enemies must be near Rhodas to suffer the CC chain. His ult is like Jarvan's ult, but Jarvan can jump to the enemies, Rhodas can't do that, He has no real gap closers, so his initiation is more based in taking the enemy team by surprise, and just like Jarvan's ult, a flash, a tumble, an arcane shift, or any blink/dash ability counters it perfectly. The point is, if you make a position mistake, boom, Rhodas to the face.

Lord Ezel

01-16-2013

Bump

Lord Ezel

01-17-2013

Bump

Lord Ezel

01-17-2013

Now, Rhodas has reduced CC, and his damage is less, i hope this helps to balance him

Lord Ezel

01-18-2013

Bump

Lord Ezel

05-19-2013

After some reviews, I feel that now Rhodas is balanced, pls give me ur feedback