@riot IP Donation?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LAS Dangler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

i have every champ unlocked, all the runes maxed out, 13 pages, and i just bought thresh and still have close to 80k ip left.
this forum is filled with new players who havent even gotten their tier 3 runes yet, can i please hold a lottery event where i can help these guys out by giving them my IP ?

WastedZeus

01-23-2013

That would be pretty cool. Good luck and hope you get to give away some of your IP to a lucky new player.

Fate000

01-23-2013

I want some IP...
Anyways, good idea. I hope you could organize that... Maybe give multiple small prizes to a few people rather then 50k to one... might be more fair... (ellipses OP...)

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-23-2013

I don't see it happening, for a few reasons.

1) It would make hacking accounts worth it. Yes they recently did gifting, but it was for a limited duration.

2) It's such an edge case, very few people actually play enough to have everything unlocked, and that percentage drops as time goes on.

3) There are a few abuse cases I can think of, one being that creating a new account to farm IP would give you a free minor IP boost, as well as the RP to buy another boost (or two, I forget how much they cost).

Edit: Oh, and this doesn't really belong in this forum, the only reason one would put it here is because they're looking for support from people hoping they would be getting said IP.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

You only have 13 pages? Buy the other 7. Additional customization never hurts.

Fate000

01-23-2013

They are bringing gifting back...
Maybe they'll find some super awesome way to prevent abuse - they always do - and we could get that.

Deather Killer

01-23-2013

I want some IP. But I'm chinese, always in Chinese Services.

Cheshire Lunacy

01-24-2013

i think people are reading this topic wrong or taking the title a bit to literal

i think what op if i am not mistaken is trying to garner suport to alow the remainder of his influince points wich he has no use for as he has all his tier 3 runes champs and matsery pages already unlocked

so his ip has little use for him thus wishes to be a nice guy steve and have riot confiscate his 80k ip and hold it of in a lottery to new players who have use for it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-24-2013

To me it sounds like _he_ wants to be able to say who to give it to. This isn't a particularly good idea imo, as I can see it being used to try to bribe followers in things for no cost to him. While it might sound like a great idea, I feel it would be an overall detriment to those trying to stream who don't have the time to play thousands of games, or just newer streamers in general. It would also lead to selling of IP, especially from pros. I really don't want to see the gold farmers of WoW take over LoL.

Also, regardless of whether or not he's asking for something of the like, it's not the best form to make exceptions for no reason other than 'he asked first.'