@Nome Progress on Tear and RoA?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talith PA

01-24-2013

Urgot has absolutely 0 need for muramana in order to completely demolish people.

inFe eD

01-24-2013

Wait, Yorick bot is still a thing?

SylianEUW

01-24-2013

Have you seen Dominus Arts' Yorick? Well, probably not, because most people ban it in tournament. So yes, it's still a thing.

Talith PA: Imagine if he does get it, though. I don't really get the argument "This champion is OP even without this item, so this item, that makes him even stronger, is fine".

Talith PA

01-24-2013

Just because it is possible for him to build up a tear into muramana before the game ends doesn't mean it's worth it. If for some reason you feel like you need magical damage and don't mind the significant build up time then by all means.

Personally, the statistics you sacrifice by purchasing an early tear and the amount of time it takes to build up stacks is not worth the end result, especially when considering the opportunity cost of other items while you are working on it.

konfetarius

01-24-2013

The only reason to go Teargot or Tearrick is if you actually run out of mana (which, with scaling mana regen yellows and relic control, you really don't). Actual AD itemization will always produce superior damage output, and not starting with tear will produce a superior early game.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
Just because it is possible for him to build up a tear into muramana before the game ends doesn't mean it's worth it. If for some reason you feel like you need magical damage and don't mind the significant build up time then by all means.

Personally, the statistics you sacrifice by purchasing an early tear and the amount of time it takes to build up stacks is not worth the end result, especially when considering the opportunity cost of other items while you are working on it.
Last season, Urgot was literally unplayed. This was because the accepted norm was building tear on Urgot, which made his early game weaker. M5 then popularised the Bruta/Glacial build which made him really overpowered, to the point where he later got nerfed pretty hard. Although I assume that muramana actually has some high level synergy when you go full mana tank but that's a different story!

Point is, Tear is a 700 gold investment for no immediate benefit, at a point in the game where 700 gold in AD or Armor can make you completely dominate the lane.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

I can't speak for Yorick but I do play Urgot.

The new muramana is rather 'meh'. I've tried it several times I mean once you get it it's pretty good but you are very noticeably weaker until then. It's a gold and time investment and to be honest I'd rather start with a prospecter blade and counterbuild without needing to worry about building the manamune. Urgot seems to have a stronger overall game if you forget that it exists.

Ceruse

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Working on something else right now, as this has been off my radar. I haven't found Tear to be problematic (some champs can charge, others can't... not too big a deal), but RoA could probably use a buff on the map, yeah.
Saw another Tear thread, decided to necro-bump this one since it had Nome's reply.

Sooooo, can ToA (and hopefully) Tear come back unto your radar? That would be nice