@Nome Progress on Tear and RoA?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ceruse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
... it takes Ezreal 11:30 to fill a tear. That is half a game and you sacrifice all combat stats just to be able to start filling a tear on a spell spamming champion.
That really needs to cut down to about 7-8 minutes to fill a tear<.
Myeah, spammy champs takes around 12 minutes to fill it up, its a bit on the long side to be honest.

Edit: Furthermore, its a bit sad that only very spammy characters get to use the new tear upgrades =P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Working on something else right now, as this has been off my radar. I haven't found Tear to be problematic (some champs can charge, others can't... not too big a deal), but RoA could probably use a buff on the map, yeah.
Wait I thought you were the one originally putting the idea forward... ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ceruse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Sooooo, no Tear love Nome?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

Senior Member

01-24-2013

You should take a look at how well Manamune works for Yorick and Urgot. Archangel is not a problem from what I've seen, but Manamune might be on those two champions. This is especially noticeable in EUW since we have one of the best Urgot and Yorick players there, Dominus Arts.

I would actually be in favor of disabling Manamune on Dominion. It's usually not a very good item, except for Urgot and Yorick, and these two champions are probably too strong in the right hands.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ceruse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
You should take a look at how well Manamune works for Yorick and Urgot. Archangel is not a problem from what I've seen, but Manamune might be on those two champions. This is especially noticeable in EUW since we have one of the best Urgot and Yorick players there, Dominus Arts.

I would actually be in favor of disabling Manamune on Dominion. It's usually not a very good item, except for Urgot and Yorick, and these two champions are probably too strong in the right hands.
and that would cripple Syndra's interraction with it :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
I would actually be in favor of disabling Manamune on Dominion. It's usually not a very good item, except for Urgot and Yorick, and these two champions are probably too strong in the right hands.
Manamune is also a solid item on Blitz, and I've seen MMKH get Seraphs on Singed in the DD tourney.

I don't think they are overly powerful, and they take way too long to charge up to be even close to remotely viable on the vast majority of the roster, which is why I am in favor of specialized Dominion-only versions of the Tear items that charge quickly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bunnle

Senior Member

01-24-2013

I never can seem to get tear up in time before the match is over.

And champions like Ryze can't even charge it for the first 1:20 minutes in base.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Manamune is also a solid item on Blitz, and I've seen MMKH get Seraphs on Singed in the DD tourney.
Yes, Manamune could be used on Blitz. His passive got nerfed quite a bit recently, which makes mana-stacking builds much weaker.

Quote:
don't think they are overly powerful, and they take way too long to charge up to be even close to remotely viable on the vast majority of the roster, which is why I am in favor of specialized Dominion-only versions of the Tear items that charge quickly.
They are only really a problem for Urgot and Yorick, as far as I know. These characters are already really strong in the right hands, probably too strong, and Muramana is a core item for them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
They are only really a problem for Urgot and Yorick, as far as I know. These characters are already really strong in the right hands, probably too strong, and Muramana is a core item for them.
But is it Muramana breaking Urgot and Yorick, or is it Urgot and Yorick being broken and simply choosing to purchase Muramana?

Correlation does not imply causation, you know?

I'm going with the former. Urgot and Yorick have always been incredibly strong in Dominion, even before Muramana. The fact that they are strong with it just tells me that they have alternate build paths.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

Senior Member

01-24-2013

I am not saying that Muramana/Manamune is OP, I'm saying that it helps enable Urgot and Yorick being OP. If it were nerfed/removed, these two champions would be less OP. If it's buffed, they will be even more OP. Season 3 adding Muramana made especially Urgot more beastly.