Article: Why Dominion is better than Summoner's Rift

1234511 ... 36
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BooredMaan

Orphane

04-13-2013

Er...I disagree with some of the arguments made in the article. Neither game mode is superior other than in how much support Riot pours into one of them - they appeal to different players and require somewhat different skillsets/mindsets. I don't think there's anything to be gained from "putting down" SR in comparison to Dominion. People will play what they enjoy, and if that's SR, I'm perfectly fine with that. I just personally find Dominion more appealing.

Minions are pretty relevant in bot lane and even grabbing a wave or two is a fair amount of gold toplane (120 g per wave). Sure, sitting around and waiting to last hit minions toplane is generally a silly idea, but killing appropriately stacked minion waves will prevent an overflow of minions from neutralizing a point and costing you time and nexus health, as well as net you extra cash towards your next item. The whole "ambush" section written about SR pvp is, uh, kind of silly as well, since there are plenty of teamfights that don't occur in the context of 5v1 jumping a person from the bushes.

He raises some decent points in favor of Dominion, but the attacks on SR don't really help strengthen the article.

weezcake

04-13-2013

Not sure why he's trying to make a point. Both modes are different, and require different playstyles. I play almost all dominion, but I dabble in SR every once in a while.

Can't agree with "pushing minions is useless". That pretty much sums up bot lane. It's also far from useless in your lanes.

inFe eD

04-13-2013

Quote:
Standing around last hitting minions isn't going to help you capture or defend a point. Minions aren't a good source of gold either because you already earn increased gold per second.
Quote:
When you ambush someone you are basically admitting that you cannot beat them in even combat and so must resort to using guerrilla style tactics. Killing someone or winning the game does not prove you are better if you used such cowardly tactics to do it.
Quote:
Ambushing people is not as effective in Dominion.
THIS.

ARTlCLE

IS.

HILARIOUS.

Kiddalee

04-13-2013

Oh. Oh wow! This is the best troll ever! Ambushing is being a Vietcong? That's better than calling people Hitler. I wonder how many cents per word he got...

A Slime Appears

04-13-2013

But...those cowardly tactics are one of your best weapons in blind pick. I've carried a lot of derpass teams doing jungle ambushes with my duo. It's the next best thing to playing bot lane as far as carrying derpass goes. Does the OP never go into the jungle and just lane?

Also, the Vietcong statement was ****ing hilarious.

David12596

04-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Er...I disagree with some of the arguments made in the article. Neither game mode is superior other than in how much support Riot pours into one of them - they appeal to different players and require somewhat different skillsets/mindsets. I don't think there's anything to be gained from "putting down" SR in comparison to Dominion. People will play what they enjoy, and if that's SR, I'm perfectly fine with that. I just personally find Dominion more appealing.

Minions are pretty relevant in bot lane and even grabbing a wave or two is a fair amount of gold toplane (120 g per wave). Sure, sitting around and waiting to last hit minions toplane is generally a silly idea, but killing appropriately stacked minion waves will prevent an overflow of minions from neutralizing a point and costing you time and nexus health, as well as net you extra cash towards your next item. The whole "ambush" section written about SR pvp is, uh, kind of silly as well, since there are plenty of teamfights that don't occur in the context of 5v1 jumping a person from the bushes.

He raises some decent points in favor of Dominion, but the attacks on SR don't really help strengthen the article.
wanted to upvote this and some how it got downvoted. gg

But yeah don't attack SR. If anything it not only does not strengthen the article, but also makes it weaker.

Kiddalee

04-13-2013

I'm gonna be watching this thread to see how many people take the article seriously.

KoD MAD PunZ

04-13-2013

I didnt read one word in this thread because I already agree with your title..this fast paced environment causes players to adapt faster to the game mode by working with their team, constantly ganking for quest or being in 2 places at once, to have 1+more parts of the map secured than the enemy. Maybe teach people pvp in proving grounds, or something... and make a guide for Dominion so people quit smashing their computer parts at watching new people play & master Dominion. Ask me how I feel when I hear someone say "it's just dominon" ,"noone takes dom seriously", (we're gonna instalock with 2 adc 2 supports and a bot) blah blah the BS goes on...

KoD MAD PunZ

04-13-2013

does no one ****ing agree..

1234511 ... 36