Alset, The Void-Tech Engineer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skull Guy

01-16-2013

Hey all! I haven't contributed any ideas in a LONG time. I'm sure someone has already come up with a similar concept, but going to give it a try anyway.

Anyway, Alset is supposed to be a weird champion. Definitely a mage type, but also support and possibly even assassin is built right. He can also be very mobile, but squishy. This is bare bones stuff that I will be refining and adding to.

Lore: Alset was a young man growing up in Piltover. Though a brilliant young engineer, he was always fascinated with the concept of the void, in particular the denizens that lived there. His curiosity was piqued when he heard about the various creatures participating in the league, but more so by the two humans that actually drew power from their; Kassadin and Malzahar. Inspired, he vowed to learn to do the same.

As his experiments evolved and continued to grow more powerful, Alzet learned how dangerous the void was, but also how to harness its power. He has joined the league in order to test his inventions, and also to help fight back the very thing he uses.

OK that was literally just slapped together, I'm going to work on it a bit later. His Lore will get better I promise.

Health: Low. He'll be on the squishier side. Same with Armor and Magic Resist

Attack Damage will actually be medium: He wont be an auto-attacker champion, but I want him to deal OK damage from auto-attack. No mage like but unusual.

Speed: This is where he will really shine; his base speed will be in the upper tier of 350, and further enhanced by his passive below.

Spells/Magic: Medium high. He's a mage so it is to be expected, but maybe not as high as some others.

Again this is the bare bones, so I will add in stats a bit later. Hard number and such.

Skills; the fun. His kit is designed to accomplish multiple, unusual things. He'll be pretty good at dealing solid damage to a single target, but also helping his allies while doing so.

Passive: Deflector Phasing; Alset ignores unit collision. In addition he gained bonus movement speed based on how much health his missing, gaining 1 movement for every 1% health he is missing, to a cap of 70.

This makes him faster than Miss Fortune, but it does mean he needs to be at a lower health to achieve it. High risk reward situation.

Q: Inverted Momentum Spike - Alset powers up his void spike for a movement altering attack. On first cast, Alset begins charging his spike which starts with a large range that begins to shrink. As the range gets smaller, the damage and his speed go up, while the slow effect gets smaller until it vanishes.

This is pretty much the opposite of Varus' arrow. The range goes down the longer he holds it, but his speed and damage go up. He can use it quickly for a longer ranged slow that does almost no damage, or use it for a high damage chasing ability.

W: Life Force Redistribution Ribbon - Alset uses the void to manipulate the power of life and death. When cast on an enemy the ribbon creates a leash that drains health from an enemy but only heals Alset for a minimal amount. When cast on an ally it heals them over time. The ribbon can be cast on an enemy and then recast while channeling on an ally or the other way around.

So this is what makes Alset unusual. He can cast a life drain on an enemy that is mainly for damage because it only heals him for a little bit, or he can cast it on an ally to heal them. But what makes it special is that can he can do both at the same time. When doing both however, the drain doesn't heal him at all. This is what makes him an excellent support (In my mind)

E: Temporal Kinetic Shield - Alset generates a barrier around himself or an allied champion, reducing damage taken by a %. In addition while the shield holds, it prevents slows from being applied, but not hard Crowd Control.

This is my least favorite skills. It's a shield that only reduces damage as opposed to absorbing it, but it also prevents slow, which will no doubt help. Especially if you need to run away NOW.

R: Reality Flux - Alset taps into the void directly, becoming untargetable for 1/2/3 seconds or until ended. This skill has a very short cool down.

Behold his ultimate! Though it may be similar in some regards to Kassadin's teleport, at heart it's more like Fizz's Playful. It has a relatively short cool down, maybe something like 10/8/6 or something. It might actually be a bit longer, but not much. Unlike Fizz however, not only does he become untargetable, he actually vanishes from sight, making it great for avoiding damage and possibly a nasty surprise.

I'm sorry this is so bare bones. I'm working on building him up more, but I just loved the concept and wanted to get some feedback and direction, especially for his third skill.

Skull Guy

01-16-2013

Shameless bump

Skull Guy

01-16-2013

By the way this is meant to be a work in progress and obvious the lore needs work. I'm just looking for feedback. And if anyone has a guide for picking out stats and how much an ability should do, I would absolutely love it/to read it

Skull Guy

01-17-2013

Horribly shameless bump

Sharengae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

3 seconds not targetable? with 6 seconds cooldown? com'on

Skull Guy

01-17-2013

Hrmmm, I see your point. I should probably also specify that he can't do anything while shifted. What od you think, shorter duration or longer cooldown?