Radeon cards experiencing flicker with new patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bruze

01-16-2013

I'm using a Radeon 7770

fdf

01-16-2013

radeon hd 7800
Attachment 594032

Kuro Shinjitsu

01-16-2013

Flashing on the screen as well as some mini map champ location lag.

Capt BonerHard

01-16-2013

Here is mine

hmmmm , i cant attach the file for some reason

Kreelis

01-16-2013

Here is mine :P I have an MSI 7850

EternalStealth

01-16-2013

I noticed this on the pbe server when i patched for thresh. i saw some people post about it so i didnt post again. however, now that it is in actual server im glad this is getting a little more attention.

they still need to fix the problem on their end so that people dont have to update their drivers.

while i will be updating mine to the beta, not everyone is happy to update theirs.

thanks for the response to this issue, not only for my playing comfort but for the comfort of the rest of the gaming community experiencing this problem.

ithsallgood

01-16-2013

i posted in another thread but i might as well do it here too

Rasamune

01-16-2013

AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series (here)

Updating to the 12.11 Beta Driver works for those who do not want to wait for a fix.

General 12.11 Driver List:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etadriver.aspx

Windows 7 32/64-Bit Direct Link:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD....11_Beta11.exe

a Fatality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

I know the more you have the better. Seems the issue is only happening on cards that are PCIe 3.0. I know that my rig does not have a PCIe 3.0 expansion slot, and that I have the most current drivers. My game play setting are all at the highest with the exception of FPS which is set stable, should you need the game config please let me know. While the tearing is not enough to ruin game play all of the time, it is annoying enough to interfere with game play and can last residual graphical blurring until the cursor scrolls across.

@ EternalStealth, what exactly do you think a driver patch is for? It's not an optional file that gives you candy, it fixes the problems that crop up. Keeping your drivers up to date ensures that you won't have graphical errors, and maintains a working standard for software companies to conform too.

@All, to attack a DXdiag, you need to switch to the advanced posting option. Click advanced below the quick reply.

a Fatality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Looks to me from all the Dxdiags that we have the same setup, a graphics card compatible with a PCIe 3.0 but the MOBOs are PCIe 2.1