Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Radeon cards experiencing flicker with new patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-16-2013

Quote:
I3ig Al:
This was driving me nuts, it actually started happening in the preseason patch but only in spectator mode, but today it was happening in regular games as well. I tried the repair tool and then I nuked it and reinstalled, still happening. So mad because I forgot to backup my custom recommended item files

I saw in the DxDiag tool that there was a 64bit mode also, so I did both.

Also I didnt see a specific brand in the DxDiag file, I have an Asus Radeon 7850.

Good catch! I also recently started experiencing flickering while re-watching LOLReplay games, but I chalked it up to... whatever. It wasn't the same kind of flickering that I'm experiencing now, though. This is more frequent and much more noticable.

I've attached the dxdiag for my desktop which has an XFX Radeon 7850. I should note that this problem is not occurring on my laptop which has a Radeon HD 7670M.

kirby145x

01-16-2013

DXDIAG
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=594000&stc=1&d=1358385033

Taboss

01-16-2013

Quote:
bbluefoot:
Think you have enough dxdiags by now, but I'm on a 7850 with W7 x64 ... no AMD drivers (what ever version) fix this for me. I get the same strange 'shadow ui' elements as others.

No such problems in prior patch or current EUW patch.

Hello Bbluefoot,

Please check out this link: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

The third selection down.

Latest Beta Driver 182 MB 12.11 Beta 12/3/2012 Download
Description:
Download our latest beta driver and get a preview of what we're currently working on.
Note! This driver is provided "AS IS" and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewithin.
Please note that the Catalyst Control Center component of the AMD Catalyst 12.9 Beta requires .NET 4.0 support.

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO DESELECT AUTO UPDATE IN YOUR CATALYST DRIVER UPDATE SETTINGS

If this is not deselected prior to installing 12.11 beta driver then your catalyst center will over ride 12.11 with the older version.

Good luck!

Emperor Darius

01-16-2013

Quote:
Taboss:
Originally Posted by Taboss
SOLUTION TO SCREEN TEARING/ FLICKERING OVER ALL POOR QUALITY SINCE LAST PATCH REVEALED

Go to AMD website and update driver for your video card.
I just updated to beta driver 12.11 and it immediately fixed the problem.
This may have been caused by riot updating graphics but as far as myself and my friends who only run AMD.

I personally found that updating to beta driver 12.11 fixed the screen tearing.

I am running Radeon HD over clocked 7850 by Saphire Dual X. Windows 7 32 bit.

Here is the link to the driver.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w_vista32.aspx

Latest Beta Driver 182 MB 12.11 Beta 12/3/2012 Download
Description:
Download our latest beta driver and get a preview of what we're currently working on.
Note! This driver is provided "AS IS" and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewithin.
Please note that the Catalyst Control Center component of the AMD Catalyst 12.9 Beta requires .NET 4.0 support.

I hope this helps!

P.S Help full steps for installing new driver:

1. First download the driver.
2. Next locate driver and select uninstall driver through computer selections
3. Restart computer
4. Install new driver which should be located in your download folder
5 You will be prompted to restart, After restart enjoy playing League without tearing

Good luck!

Originally Posted by kinkofthen00s
i need some help with this how do i uninstall the old driver do i just go through control panel
I will be happy to help!

1. Right click your desktop back ground and select screen resolution
2. Next select advanced settings
3. A prompt should pop up with Adapter being the first tab and you should see your video card information.
4. Select Properties
5. Go to driver tab and hit uninstall
6. Major suggestion here: MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF AUTO UPDATE ON YOUR CATALYST CENTER DRIVER SOFTWARE UPDATE SETTINGS

If you did not turn this off then when you restart your computer, your computer will over ride 12.11 with the older patch which is 12.10.

I've had beta drivers for months now and l have this issue

DaneMac

01-16-2013

Yup got it too... 7970M just started after the patch came out.

Viruse Returns

01-16-2013

I can confirm 12.11 beta drivers fix this problem.

Thirsty4Leonaid

01-16-2013

Quote:
Viruse Returns:
I can confirm 12.11 beta drivers fix this problem.

this

Oblaken

01-16-2013

AMD Radeon HD 7700 series
Driver : 9.2.0.0

Having the issue, can you guys help me out ? :s

DonkeyBalls

Recruiter

01-16-2013

I'm experiencing white flashes on my monitor, is that what we're talking about here? My screen will occasionally flash or sometimes just a line across it, or a block on it. The phenomenon does not look like the screenshot in the OP so I'm not sure if I'm having the same problem.

My entire computer is new so I thought it was a problem with the monitor. This has been happening since before this patch, however.

I'm using AMD Radeon HD 7900 series with driver 9.2.0.0. I'm using Windows 8 64-bit OS.

How do I find the DxDiag.txt so I can attach it?

Viruse Returns

01-16-2013

It is the same problem, install 12.11 beta drivers