Radeon cards experiencing flicker with new patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indivizibizle

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
If everyone could start grabbing the latest drivers (they released new non-beta drivers) from AMD I would really like to know if it solves the problem. I'm especially interested in having people who previously tried the beta drivers and they did not fix the issue.
Mine was up to date, I'm downloading the beta drivers now... Go buy a 7xxx series card and see for yourself...

a Fatality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indivizibizle View Post
Mine was up to date, I'm downloading the beta drivers now... Go buy a 7xxx series card and see for yourself...
I know that I've stated this at least 5 times now, it's not the card that's the problem. It's the fact that you bought a better card than your motherboard can handle. I'm willing to bet my computer that your motherboard does not have a PCIe 3.0 slot. Post your Dxdiag and prove me wrong.

Furthermore, this problem is not happening to players who have the Nvidia cards with a PCIe 3.0 compatibility.

Draven Knoxville

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFatalFlaw View Post
I know that I've stated this at least 5 times now, it's not the card that's the problem. It's the fact that you bought a better card than your motherboard can handle. I'm willing to bet my computer that your motherboard does not have a PCIe 3.0 slot. Post your Dxdiag and prove me wrong.

Furthermore, this problem is not happening to players who have the Nvidia cards with a PCIe 3.0 compatibility.
Most (if not all) video cards on the market ATM can't even saturate the PCI-E 2.0 16x interface anyway... I don't think you quite understand what you're talking about.

Atmo Summoner

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven Knoxville View Post
Most (if not all) video cards on the market ATM can't even saturate the PCI-E 2.0 16x interface anyway... I don't think you quite understand what you're talking about.

I hope you're right. I read the post above you, went and checked my motherboard, found out I didn't have a PCI-E 3.0 slot, and went...well **** (I just bought all new components for my PC).

Hope I didn't waste my money...

fetus of doom

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFatalFlaw View Post

So it looks like I get a free computer from you then.

I have an Asrock Extreme4 Z77 motherboard which has PCIe 3.0 slot and I also own the Visiontek HD 7850 2GB video card. This youtube video, http://youtu.be/2bGGAPOnqs4 that was uploaded by someone else is the same issue that I am running into.

Enclosed is my DxDiag as requested. I will take your computer now.

nux

01-20-2013

Updated to catalyst 13.1. Issue is still there though the frequency is much lower (previously ~once every 3 minutes, now about once every 10 minutes).

GPU: HD7870

DxDiag attached.

SourDieselAP1

01-20-2013

for real haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianStone View Post
Get off of your high horse. I have the same problem. I'm running an i5-3570k on an ASRock z77 Extreme4 motherboard, which has 2 PCIe 3.0 slots (either 1 @ PCIe 3.0 x16 or 2 @ PCIe 3.0 x8). My video card is a Gigabyte Radeon 7850OC 2GB. I have a PCIe 3.0 motherboard; I have a PCIe 3.0 video card.

By your own statement, LoL should be playable on a computer that meets the minimum system requirements. This includes working with official driver releases. They can be forgiven for having issues with beta releases, but this is an issue with an official driver release. Additionally, it worked fine prior to the patch. Maybe there is something wrong in the official driver release, but if that is the case, then they could revert the calls to how it worked previously.

That said, there is a brand new official driver release dated 1/17/2013 version 13.1 that I'm going to try. Hopefully it'll work. For those that are interested: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w_vista64.aspx

EDIT: I installed the new drivers and played a game. No flickering so far. These are OFFICIAL (and newer than the 12.11 beta) drivers, for those that are worried about beta drivers. To be completely safe, download the new drivers, extract and run the installer; select uninstall. Restart your computer when prompted or when uninstall completes. Run the new driver setup again (if you don't remember where it extracted the files to, just run the file you downloaded). Drivers will install and you'll be golden.

Scomak

01-22-2013

Still an issue, how is this progressing riot?

RaidenOfTheWest

01-22-2013

Ya after I downloaded the lastest patch, my screen has been flickering ingame

I got a Sapphire 7850 2G GDDR5

Adjusting famerate or video graphics doesn't help

Atmo Summoner

01-23-2013

The beta drivers fixed it for me - definitely worth giving it a shot. I have a Sapphire 7850 1G

go to support.amd.com and download the beat drivers - version 13.1 i believe.