Radeon cards experiencing flicker with new patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JollyRedmane

01-18-2013

To correct this issue (for Radeon HD 79xx series, may or may not work for other 7xxx series cards) update to the latest beta drivers.

My version was 12.11, but, was downloaded in November. The newest update was in December. The driver version IS STILL 12.11, HOWEVER, just because you have 12.11 beta driver does not mean it is the most current. Update can be found on AMD.com (Don't use the autodetect program, it will tell you that the drivers are up to date)

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

01-18-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

If everyone could start grabbing the latest drivers (they released new non-beta drivers) from AMD I would really like to know if it solves the problem. I'm especially interested in having people who previously tried the beta drivers and they did not fix the issue.

Oh ya know

01-18-2013

Well, I have faith that this won't take too terribly long to fix. No hard feelings Riot, you guys do great work!

TheEnygma

01-18-2013

so all the stuff I was experiencing on PBE finally showed up eh? Sucks.

sixisix

01-18-2013

I have same issue.

Thangster0

01-18-2013

i just played a full game with the new official drivers (just came out today) 13.1 fixes it. update and play

Carnagè

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

An update fixed it for me. I had it set to auto update but it didn't. Scanned for updates and it popped up 13.1.

Suicide Apple

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
If everyone could start grabbing the latest drivers (they released new non-beta drivers) from AMD I would really like to know if it solves the problem. I'm especially interested in having people who previously tried the beta drivers and they did not fix the issue.
It seems as though Radeon HD 7xxx series driver update 13.1 has indeed saved the day. For me at least. No more tearing or flashing.

InsiderHF

01-18-2013

I have the XFX 7800 Series and I am having the same problem.

nebojsa3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Same problems. My dxdiag.