Radeon cards experiencing flicker with new patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KinetixAU

01-17-2013

Same problem here, couldn't screen cap it, fraps didn't even pick it up.

Running XFire 7870's and get this flicker every 30 seconds or so. DxDiag attached.

Dvoxo

01-17-2013

Let's just hope riot fix it soon.

Bean Wiggin

01-17-2013

Attachment 594580

Hope you fix this soon!

Prayqt

01-17-2013

I have the AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB and I too have this random problem which only happened after this latest patch. I can deal with it for short periods of time but I can't play multiple games without losing my mind. Fix it fast plsssssss D:

Psychotic Draven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFatalFlaw View Post
As an avid overclocker and someone who appreciates beta drivers, you should know that beta drivers can and have created data loss, instability and our corruption on numerous occasions. There is a reason for the disclaimer on the website that states use it at your own risk, we aren't responsible if your computer gets jacked. If you haven't had issues with beta drivers yet, I'm am glad for you. I hope you never have issue. I have spent countless hours preforming data retrieval, reformatting computers, and performing network wide roll backs simply because someone installed an untested driver. It is a smart practice to create a restore point before making any drastic change to your computer.

Hence the 13.2b drivers that should be released within the next week WILL resolve these memory leaks. AMD went too hard for performance and forgot about the little things, which is why their customer support and team have been working hard to increase stability with these upcoming beta patches.

TheKevinEffect

01-17-2013

i have this issue, 7970

jaguaar

01-17-2013

Radeon 7970 DCU II experiencing the same problem WITH beta drivers

murrain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

dx diag attached.

TheCowness

01-17-2013

I'm getting this problem (video glitches), plus my game is crashing when I play or spectate Summoners Rift (The latter of which I've submitted reports for, but you never know whether the problems are related so I'll mention it again).

I've attached my dxdiag; I'm on Windows 8 with a Radeon 7870.

EternalStealth

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFatalFlaw View Post
Before you post, you need to do the barest amount of research. The expansion slot is integrated your motherboard, and the new standard is PCIe 3.0. IT is a very new standard and shouldn't cause problems if your card is compatible with a PCIe 3.0 and your motherboard only has the PCIe 2.1. This is an issue with the card manufacturer and not with RIOT. Your statement was the equivalent of blaming riot that your mother grounded you from playing League of Legends.
you sir need to take the stick out of your rear and stop trying to let riot off the hook here. this IS an issue with RIOT because BEFORE this patch, league worked just fine. none of this happened until AFTER the patch.

this causes the problem to be RIOT's and not MINE because i have a radeon card. As you saw, some people are not comfortable with upgrading their drivers to beta because of their fear of screwing up their computer.

and i dont blame them for not wanting to.

Riot cannot tell the community to upgrade your drivers as a solution to the problem and sweep it under the rug. This is an issue brought upon us with this patch.

I understand it is your job to know the ins and outs of a computer, but i dont care how much you know about computers.

League before patch = perfectly fine
League after patch = getting this issue

that is all the evidence you need to place blame on them. Which is why riot should and is investigating a solution to this problem.

thank you and have a nice day.

i really dont understand why you have to be such a ***** to these people because they dont want to update their drivers to beta.

it is a calculated risk and while you may be willing to take it, some people aren't. that includes some people who are tech savvy and other who don't know much.