Radeon cards experiencing flicker with new patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunie

01-17-2013

Radeon 7970

Disturd

Recruiter

01-17-2013

I have a Radeon 7850
It happens to me a lot!
Please fix it this is a bad bug!

a Fatality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro Shinjitsu View Post
Then if its only configured for PCI 2.1 seems to me that Riot needs to update it for what is the standard in the industry which is PCI 3.0. Unless you have an old system, you will have PCI 3.0.
Before you post, you need to do the barest amount of research. The expansion slot is integrated your motherboard, and the new standard is PCIe 3.0. IT is a very new standard and shouldn't cause problems if your card is compatible with a PCIe 3.0 and your motherboard only has the PCIe 2.1. This is an issue with the card manufacturer and not with RIOT. Your statement was the equivalent of blaming riot that your mother grounded you from playing League of Legends.

AterialDawn

01-17-2013

Radeon HD 7850
Driver version is 12.10
I get this too. Really annoying.

ThisGameisFun

01-17-2013

Same thing is happening to me! At least its good to know its not my PC, phew. When do you think this will be resolved?

Psychotic Draven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Obviously riot messed up the patch and did something to trouble the amd hd cards... It's hardware-based and how the card processes information - the AMD cards probably process something that SHOULDN'T be processed and RIOT needs to understand that this isn't a driver problem, it's a hardware problem... I've tried multiple drivers dating back and even beta drivers... Riot really needs to test their patches on several types of hardware and not just NVIDIA.

a Fatality

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyBalls View Post
1. First download the driver.
2. Next locate driver and select uninstall driver through computer selections
3. Restart computer
4. Install new driver which should be located in your download folder
5 You will be prompted to restart, After restart enjoy playing League without tearing

My computer got wrecked! After doing step three I'm stuck in an eternal loop of my computer restarting. It says my PC ran into a problem and needs to restart, and for more info look up IRQL_not_less_or_equal.

What does that mean and how do I fix it? I should have just left things as they were.
Hopefully you read this. You need to roll your computer back to a safe start up point. Since this is an issue with Windows, you would best be served to go to the Microsoft service website and troubleshoot your specific error.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...4-fa22c230b20a

a Fatality

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilVaratep View Post
Obviously riot messed up the patch and did something to trouble the amd hd cards... It's hardware-based and how the card processes information - the AMD cards probably process something that SHOULDN'T be processed and RIOT needs to understand that this isn't a driver problem, it's a hardware problem... I've tried multiple drivers dating back and even beta drivers... Riot really needs to test their patches on several types of hardware and not just NVIDIA.
AMD has had several issues with the HD 7XXX series cards and have continually deployed patches to improve performance. This is not an issue with RIOT, but an issue with a card developer. Seeing that you will not take my advice with out credentials, I build computers for a living. It's my job to understand how every component interacts. Spend 10 minutes on the AMD support site and you will see how many issues the beta driver is supposed to fix across several platforms. Please refrain from posting asinine comments simply because you are frustrated.

If you do not want to use Beta drivers to fix this issue, then you have 3 other options. Upgrade your motherboard and make certain your pin set matches your CPU and has a PCIe 3.0 expansion slot. Buy a new graphics card, make sure it's an Nvidia or a PCIe 2.0/2.1 card.. (notice that Nvidia makes cards that work with a PCIe 3.0 but only AMD users are getting this error) Or the last option, stop playing League of Legends until AMD releases drivers to correct the problems the cards are facing.

IchigoMC

01-17-2013

I have the Beta Drivers 12.11 from the AMD site and am still having the problems. Many of you posted that it fixed your problem but it seems others are still having the issue like I am.

I am running an ASUS 7870.

a Fatality

01-17-2013

Before any of you decide to install the Beta drivers, create a restore point for your computer. Since most of you will ask how to do that, I've linked the google search, make sure to choose your operating system.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...w=1179&bih=771

The AMD catalyst drivers can be found here. Install these at your own risk. They are Beta drivers, and AMD is not liable for any damage or data loss that may occur.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etadriver.aspx