Elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maxell1010

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Izzy View Post
so i started off landing around the upper 1100's. i started a bit early, started off with lots of potential, but it seems the better i get the worst people i get paired up with...so i topped 1271 and that was my highest...despite trying to get into the 1300's i kept sticking to the 1200's and then all of a sudden i got kicked to the upper 1100's, i stayed there for a bit, and soon enough got kicked hard into the 1090's...ouch!

from 1271 to 1095 just seems awful...i've seen worse from some friends who dropped from like 1365 to like 800, my question now is how the hell do i escape this? i've heard of people who started off in the 1300-1400, dropped below 1000, created a new account and are well over 1600-1800 in their current account. Why is it every time i try to carry from one lane, the next lane feeds or loses their lane? i tried to jungle and always have a team who feeds so much i can't help at all... when i do mid i have a fail jungler, and when i adc i have a fail support or again fail jungler...i've only tried top like once and i did well top, thing is i don't have tons of top champs and to actually get top, (which by the way seems to be the 1st thing people call) is just a mess...no one seems to be so flexible...i'm open to filling in but every time i do so there is that one person that somehow got forced into a role...:/ how does that happen? ugh!

Anyways i play normals and do well, i play ARAMS and do well, i main jungle in my 5 v 5 ranked team and play with my 3 v 3 ranked team as well and play well as well. so i kinda don't know what to do, i'm sure it's not entirely me, i started off really good, but the better i get the worse others get...

i need to know if it's just me so i would appreciate it if someone who can carry duo with me...of course we would have to play normals to make sure it isn't me, i wouldn't want to drop anyone to a lower elo than they are already in...thanks guys, and any advice would be helpful

Well with all the afks and trolls good luck

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-16-2013

1. They really are. I'd be surprised if there were more than a few hundred, maybe a thousand people that were significantly far away (500+ Elo) from where they belonged.

2. From what I understand, other developers have written algorithms that take into account KDR and such. That's all well and good until you realize that League is far, far more complex and has for more minutiae than just KDR. What if a Janna was at 2k Elo, and instead of shielding her APC to save his life like she should have, she shielded her ADC and ended up losing the teamfight because their APC died without her help? Her stats would show she shielded someone; clearly she did her job correctly, right?

Or let's take an ADC that autoattacks minions through the whole lane, and deals a TON of damage, but almost none to champions - why should he gain more rating?

How about a tank that only receives 6k damage through the entire game, goes 0/5/2, but initiates the fight that wins the game? How should he be handled?

It's a far, far more complex system than just saying X player did Y damage with Z KDR, he gets U Elo.

But if they went 25/0 and won, but played really badly, including stealing all 25 kills from a high priority teammate, they clearly are a bad player and don't deserve Elo.

maxell1010

01-16-2013

I hate when peopel link videos on, "how to get out of ELO HELL", but they never post their elo. Also, those videos are mostly bull****.

TheRealBOBDOLE

01-16-2013

AD BOTTOM, you just made my point.

And i quote: "League is far, far more complex and has for more minutiae"

What i offered you was simple examples. Not a finished system or idea. But with this statement alone you have proven my point, because right now league of legends, even though it is so very complex , works on a BINARY system. And quite frankly, the idea that it is as simple as on/off, is ludicrous, and down right broken.

It would take time to have a finished system, but when a construction company sees that a new tower will take 1 1/2 years to build, 34 million dollars, and over 100,000,000 man hours of labor, do they say forget it?

No. They do their dang job and build the tower. I believe it is riots job to fix a broken system.

it would start off simple. it would track obvious, easy things all while remaining in beta. A more robust version would make it to release, and then from there will be updated.

If not being able to have it done before it gets launched was a real problem, then we wouldn't even have LoL yet, because it has yet to be finished and be in perfect working order. They are constantly changing and updating and balancing.

this would be adding more of the same work they already do.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-16-2013

League of Legends is about destroying the enemy nexus. There is a most efficient way of going about this, and it can require a vast amount of skill. However, a winner and loser is based on one thing - which nexus is destroyed. That's why the Elo system is a rather good system to judge player skill.

Yes, theoretically a system that could effectively and efficiently judge every tiny play a player made would be better - obviously. It would easily be able to gauge player skill. However, this is not feasible. Not in the slightest. This would literally need to be able to examine whether even the path the player walked is the most optimal. It would need to be able to make the best possible judgement in a situation, and then compare the player's to it.

In short, it would need to be a bot that would be so sophisticated, it would beat even the top humans with ease, while at the same time have a system of evaluating what the player did compared to what the player should have done, and what rating that movement is. And it wouldn't need to do it for just one game, it would need to do it for EVERY game played, EVERYWHERE, on EVERY server. I don't think artificial intelligence exists yet.

Your example is entirely stupid. First, a construction company is entitled to say forget it. Second, a construction company is specifically contracted for X price to build Y building in Z time.

Riot's Elo system has diverged from the actual Elo system, apparently, to better fit the needs of the game. In order to effectively implement a new rating system, Riot would have to have the ENTIRE thing I laid out earlier in place before they did so. Why? Because top level games aren't decided by one player having 150 CS, and the other having 75 CS. You can't compare top level games by the same metrics as mid or low level games.

Brophelius

01-16-2013

I've played about 500 games across 6 accounts or so (I have really bad anger issues), and I've noticed that many people who end up in your elo don't actually need to be there, or have a bad game. Murphy's Law dictates that you will have your team full of these people in every game. If that happens to everyone, then everyone is equally bad, and there's no real reason to complain. My normal elo fluctuates between 1400 and 1600 unless I play my best lane every game. I've peaked at about 1800, but I then floundered back into 1350 after a string of losses. It happens to the best and (in my case) worst of us. You need to improve, so you aren't the limiting reagent in your elo gains.

PurpleWoof

01-16-2013

I was in the same position as you at one point actually. Let me tell you though, there's always room for improvement for yourself, never forget that.

It's only when you can truly say to yourself that you played a game as perfectly as you could, landed every skill shot you needed to land, used every combo to perfection, had perfect positioning, that you can look at your team and blame them.

Having a good attitude is sometimes all it takes to help your team do well. Think of the last time you played badly. Not that your team played badly and you ended up with a bad score, but that you legitimately played horribly and got out-laned/out-jungled. Think of how horrible that felt. Think of how sensitive you were to your teams critique of your play. That's exactly how the people playing poorly in your games feel. Simply being silent as opposed to flaming them isn't enough. Give words of encouragement. Let them know it's np, to just play it safe and farm, and if you can, you'll try and give them a gank.

Being a leader is important as well. Bringing a sense of cohesiveness and confidence to a team can make bad players better. Make sure to congratulate teammates on good work and to comfort them if they do something wrong (you should still explain what not to do if you think it's necessary so the same mistake isn't made again). Call out objectives, make judgement calls, prioritize certain things. Make it so all your team has to do to win is spam skills and right click.

Lastly, always remember that the one common factor in all ranked games is you. In theory, if you're better than the elo you sit at, the other team should have a one in five chance of getting a bad player (at least) and your team only has a one in four chance (since you shouldn't be a bad player). You can further improve that statistic by duo queing.
If you're as good as you think, then you should (in solo que) win about 56% of your games.

Anyways, I hope something I said sticks with you. Good luck in raising in elo.

Wiz el Poderoso

01-16-2013

1) I am posting here because I don't want to create another topic about the same exact thing.
2) I know going through this is part of ranking up, but is it absolutely necessary?
3) Judge me as you will, but my opinion will still stand and I'd really like a well thought answer as to why "What is, as is"?

First off, I don't like to think of myself as a veteran at all. The only thing validating how long I've been playing is me Season 1 Kayle skin. (I put this out for those of you who are wondering how long I've been playing)
I have friends who are a lot better than me who have been playing for a similar amount of time, if not more time. In saying that I'm not saying that I'm a noob, I have a lot to offer to whatever team I queue up with and usually the outcome is a success, whatever the role I play. The point I'm getting at here is that LoL is a game that I wasn't quite fond of at first, but I've taken time to better myself at it, and recently started challenging myself in the "Ranked" division of the LoL matching making.

My quarrel is that there are people who are the exact opposite of me playing, with no desire to get better, who don't give a flying fudge what the outcome is, and just generally play the game to waste time. What angers me is that these players are in every skill level no matter how high or low you go, and they do not get punished for not caring.

Season 2 was the season that made me want to get into ranked. All the hype leading up to the championship really got me going and I wanted to see how I'd fair against the community. Lest we forget the ignorant "Trolls'' who skulk around cyberspace just waiting to ruin our enjoyment. I've written my last rant about this in November because I find it insanely unreasonable for a customer, who has bought just about a hundred dollars worth of RP (mostly champs but now into Rune Pages) to be subject to face these trolls and expect us to just take it as a part of the experience. Where's the encouragement to keep playing?

At this point I feel Riot has grown so much that it doesn't really care about customer experience as much as it does the content side of the game.You can say I'm wrong but I don't care. Ive put up with this for one season already and I am not keen to go though another season of this again. I mean I'd love to just start a whole new account but I've already invested so much into this one that it would feel like a waste of time.

I have tried to join 5v5's before but people just search me up and call me rubbish. But how am I meant to control that when most of my games where decided by the actions of one or two delinquents?! :/ And sorry if my vocabulary sounds really old. for some reason my brain gets all formal when I'm writing **** like this. and did I also mention this last game I suffered had brought me to tears? yeah it hit me that hard :/ I'm seriously just considering un-installing or giving my account away

ImTheDaiLo

01-17-2013

Every game. Bot lane goes something like 1-8 ADC with long sword then 0-89-0 support with rabadons deathcap in 78 minutes no wards. Meanwhile i am up in top lane denying hardcore. 6-0-0 to 0-6-0. 180 CS to 50 CS. bouncing all around map getting objectives. how in the world do i still lose? Every game I get those kind of ADC. The only games i ever win are the games with people who have common sense. Those are the ones that get carried by me.

DarkABC

Recruiter

01-17-2013

league is a joke in elo if u dont get a team or something u will never get out of elo hell