Elo hell

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowed Ruby

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Izzy View Post
True. But let's keep in mind we're not 2K+ elo players and some of us need coaching to play, some advice, and better methods of understanding each other through some form of communication, not everyone has map awareness either even if they do buy wards, know what i mean? (it's as if they don't look at the map)
Think of it as learning to drive. Treat it like a check list. My mirrors? They're my wards. I need to make sure I can see everything I need to see. Now I need to check them. My speed? Thats my minions, I need to keep track of how my minions are pushing, and whether I am keeping up with last hitting. My seatbelt? Thats my tower. I need to keep an eye on my tower when I'm gone, so it doesn't go down.

If you keep that checklist active, eventually it'll start to become second nature, just like with driving.

Desperate Izzy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
So let me get this straight. Not everybody has some pre-designated skill (in this case map awareness), and therefore those person are allowed to get angry or call their teammates bad because THEY don't have that skill?

Lol.
no i said that's why they need to communicate well with us, or us with them...if they don't wanna listen then yea i'd say they're bad players...well bad for the team at least :P

Jˇhnnymac

01-16-2013

Play some normals and get really good at either mid, or jungle, then find a duo buddy who mains the other role. (mid or jungle) that way you have hopefully one lane won and between the two of you should be able to help the other lanes out.

Desperate Izzy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOfHearts TF View Post
Play some normals and get really good at either mid, or jungle, then find a duo buddy who mains the other role. (mid or jungle) that way you have hopefully one lane won and between the two of you should be able to help the other lanes out.
believe it or not i did that and had worse luck, -_- i actually did so with a couple friends and we somehow get matched up with crappy teammates, worse than what i get in solo, so i'm sticking to my 5 v 5 ranked team or solo queue. btw i think i might be on to something now, i'm starting to lead from the jungle, so i think as long as i stick to that i can get back to the 1200's to pursue my goal to hit at least 1300, for now, after that i'll just keep aiming forward...thanks for the tip though, didn't quite work for me...haha

Sketto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Arrogant much?
Just get map awareness, and keep ganking and you could carry that elo.......
Play champs with good ganks, eg assassins. I played trist jungle a while back in ranked, and I supported all the lanes causing a win. Wierd **** can be good at times

Rillain

01-16-2013

This Ad Bottom guy is one of the biggest hypocrites on forums. Always claiming to be an elo he hasn't reached, and trying to bring others down without understanding the situation. You can even look at his thread; every loss in his journal has some sort of excuse regarding how his teammates lost the game. Then he goes on other threads and tells people to take responsibility for every loss...

adc

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillain View Post
This Ad Bottom guy is one of the biggest hypocrites on forums. Always claiming to be an elo he hasn't reached, and trying to bring others down without understanding the situation. You can even look at his thread; every loss in his journal has some sort of excuse regarding how his teammates lost the game. Then he goes on other threads and tells people to take responsibility for every loss...
Yes, if you look at my posts from two months ago, you can see me be quite annoyed at players and raging about how I shouldn't be judged for their mistakes, etc.

When I make a post to my Elo Climb thread, I post what I feel are the major contributing factors to our loss (or win). If we're going into the mid game 10 kills down and I'm 0/1 with even farm, I'm not going to feel as if I'm a significant factor in the loss. I'm not perfect, and I guarantee I could've done far better, but seriously.

Also, I'm no less human than you guys are, sadly enough. Just because I know that I'm probably not that much better, if at all, than the players in my bracket doesn't mean that I won't feel that way coming out of a game. I don't analyze my games before posting on my Elo Climb threads. They're exactly what I think coming right out of the game (within 2-3 minutes of finishing, usually). If you want a completely factual account of the game, feel free to ask and I can upload a replay or two.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-16-2013

There's nothing wrong with feeling like you belong at a higher Elo or thinking you can compete at a higher Elo.

There's nothing wrong with knowing there are things your teammates could have done better.

The mistake that people that people believing in Elo hell make is resting on this idea that the ONLY reason they're at the Elo they're at is because of bad teammates. If you're putting all of the blame only on your teammates for losses and taking all of the credit for yourself in wins, then you're not being self-critical enough to make any improves. When you settle on this idea that "I'd be 1700 if I had better teammates," you're settling on the idea that you're playing at a 1700 level even though you're sitting in the 1100 bracket. You're settling on the idea that you don't need to improve your own ability, you just need to wait around for better teammates.

And if you're settled on the idea that you don't need to play better--you won't.

And yet the players at the highest of Elos, the players like Voyboy, these players constantly get mad at themselves for even the most minor of mistakes that they make. Their goal is perfection. These 2200+ players are more critical of their own play than ANYONE who believes in Elo hell... and most of these players are paid to play the game.

Enconex

01-16-2013

No one seems to understand what elo hell really is. I keep getting really close to 1300 but then I go on a streak of losses because of games like this:

Game 1: I go jayce top against a garen but proceed to get camped by the enemy jungler. Because of this, my lane turns into a farm war in which I win. Mid starts off alright, and so does bot. But this warwick jungler of ours decides to invade EVERY time our jungle is clear, and he simply will not gank. 10 minutes in he is 1/6 and gets their trundle super fed. With this gold, trundle proceeds to not allow me to do anything top so I have to farm from afar with my EQ combo (im jayce). They get my tower and garen begins to roam. Still being ahead in farm, I know I have to roam as well or he will get himself fed.
Some time or another I have to call home from being low and the enemy goes to take dragon; then my team, for whatever reason decides to 4v5 them and garen gets a quad. From there it snowballs way out of control. LOSS

Game 2- I hard carry as jax top. WIN.

Game 3- I feed my adc as jax top and together we carry. WIN.

Game 4- Jax gets taken and I have to face a kayle top so I go irelia. Being unskilled vs a kayle, my lane turns into a farm lane in which I win again (by far). However, 10 minutes in, our support lux is 0/4 and our ezreal is 0/2 while the enemy Miss Fortune is 6/0. From there we get crushed in team fights as no one can seem to kill MF. LOSS

Game 5- I get my jax and get an easy 2 kills top + the tower and proceed to roam. Before this however, our bot lane has already fed the enemy adc 5 kills and our mid has fed the enemy AP carry 4 kills. Our jungler rage quits and goes afk for 5 minutes and so I can't do anything as they proceed to push us during that 5 minute time. Soon enough we lose just as our jungler gets back. LOSS

Game 6- This game consisted of possibly the worst team I have yet to get in my career of playing League. Our jungler takes jax, and i'm forced top as 2nd pick so I pick kha'zix only to be faced against a cho'ghath. Cho'ghath gets crystalline flask and catalyst so he has some ultra sustain but I manage to kill him once as he tries to tower dive me. However, our vlad mid is 0/6 10 minutes in, our jungle jax is 1/6 , our graves is 0/3 and our leona is 0/2. You expect me to carry that? No way is freaking hell. 20 minutes in our team has over 35 deaths with me being only 2/4/1. LOSS

I really do not understand the mentality that my team had in that last game. Jax has 1/3rd of his health and decides to gank bot...he jumps and insta dies to their adc. Vladimir gets rumble low mid and then olaf pops out. Instead of running away he decides to go in 1v2 to try and finish rumble off UNDER THE TOWER! Being low himself he dies from olaf's axe + 2 tower shots. The consistency at which I get these teams is getting really annoying. Elo hell exists.

P.S. I do not think I am some pro who thinks they should be 1700+ elo and I realize I my mistakes in games and know there are things I can do better. Anytime I miss a creep I could have easily got I get mad at myself, anytime I over commit and get ganked by a jungler, I tell myself I should have predicted that (especially if I had no ward). I MAKE MISTAKES! However, I am in no doubt that I am better than the players I am playing with, and I am tired of people like AD bottom telling me it's my fault every time.

adc

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enconex View Post
No one seems to understand what elo hell really is. I keep getting really close to 1300 but then I go on a streak of losses because of games like this:

Game 1: I go jayce top against a garen but proceed to get camped by the enemy jungler. Because of this, my lane turns into a farm war in which I win. Mid starts off alright, and so does bot. But this warwick jungler of ours decides to invade EVERY time our jungle is clear, and he simply will not gank. 10 minutes in he is 1/6 and gets their trundle super fed. With this gold, trundle proceeds to not allow me to do anything top so I have to farm from afar with my EQ combo (im jayce). They get my tower and garen begins to roam. Still being ahead in farm, I know I have to roam as well or he will get himself fed.
Some time or another I have to call home from being low and the enemy goes to take dragon; then my team, for whatever reason decides to 4v5 them and garen gets a quad. From there it snowballs way out of control. LOSS

Game 2- I hard carry as jax top. WIN.

Game 3- I feed my adc as jax top and together we carry. WIN.

Game 4- Jax gets taken and I have to face a kayle top so I go irelia. Being unskilled vs a kayle, my lane turns into a farm lane in which I win again (by far). However, 10 minutes in, our support lux is 0/4 and our ezreal is 0/2 while the enemy Miss Fortune is 6/0. From there we get crushed in team fights as no one can seem to kill MF. LOSS

Game 5- I get my jax and get an easy 2 kills top + the tower and proceed to roam. Before this however, our bot lane has already fed the enemy adc 5 kills and our mid has fed the enemy AP carry 4 kills. Our jungler rage quits and goes afk for 5 minutes and so I can't do anything as they proceed to push us during that 5 minute time. Soon enough we lose just as our jungler gets back. LOSS

Game 6- This game consisted of possibly the worst team I have yet to get in my career of playing League. Our jungler takes jax, and i'm forced top as 2nd pick so I pick kha'zix only to be faced against a cho'ghath. Cho'ghath gets crystalline flask and catalyst so he has some ultra sustain but I manage to kill him once as he tries to tower dive me. However, our vlad mid is 0/6 10 minutes in, our jungle jax is 1/6 , our graves is 0/3 and our leona is 0/2. You expect me to carry that? No way is freaking hell. 20 minutes in our team has over 35 deaths with me being only 2/4/1. LOSS

I really do not understand the mentality that my team had in that last game. Jax has 1/3rd of his health and decides to gank bot...he jumps and insta dies to their adc. Vladimir gets rumble low mid and then olaf pops out. Instead of running away he decides to go in 1v2 to try and finish rumble off UNDER THE TOWER! Being low himself he dies from olaf's axe + 2 tower shots. The consistency at which I get these teams is getting really annoying. Elo hell exists.

P.S. I do not think I am some pro who thinks they should be 1700+ elo and I realize I my mistakes in games and know there are things I can do better. However, I am in no doubt that I am better than the players I am playing with.
Trust me, we understand what you guys call Elo hell. We just don't think it exists.

1234567 ... 12