@RiotNome - Solution to Growing the Population

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bewarden

01-16-2013

A few months ago, RiotNome said that Dominion has a low population. There has not been any solutions or ideas on how to increase the population from any Riot employees. So, I would like to pitch a solution to you guys.

We should add a reward system in Dominion. There is NO reward system integrated in Dominion. If you play Ranked Summoner Rift, you will be rewarded with cosmetic loading portrait border, rank tier badge on user profile, "unique" skin of a champion, and a forum badge. Same goes for Twisted Treeline.

What do you get from Dominion? Nothing. Why would Summoners play Dominion on a competitive level if they don't get rewarded like the other modes? This fact alone, greatly discouraged new/veteran players to step foot in Dominion.

Now, I'm not implying that we should add Ranked Dominion (that would be nice though). But we should add a reward system and make the rewards be totally unique from SR and TT. This will encourage all players to play Dominion. Also, it won't feel unfair for regular Dominion players that have no interest in SR or TT.

Please give it some thought or throw it up on the drawing board.

I also want to mention that I love Dominion. I know it is unbalance to some degree but it is a LOT of fun. Please reward your Dominion players as well.

Thanks!

-Bewarden

naotasan

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewarden View Post
There is NO reward system integrated in Dominion.
You can get an extra IP point for playing Dominion games, sometimes you can get two points!

Bewarden

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
You can get an extra IP point for playing Dominion games, sometimes you can get two points!
Influence Point Reward System is already implemented in all game modes. But when it comes to rewarding for achieving a certain skill tier or climbing a ladder, there is absolutely no benefit for Dominion players.

When new players join League of Legends and they play a match of Dominion. They will most likely see someone with a different loading portrait border than them. The new players will ask how to get that border, everyone will tell them that they have to play ranked matches in Summoner Rift or Twisted Treeline. Therefore, they will stop playing Dominion just for that reward.

Luninareph

01-17-2013

I think this is a pretty good idea, actually. The thing I really like about it is that it serves the secondary purpose of telling other people you're queuing with what your stronger game mode is. If you're a heavy Dom player and you've got the ribbons and badges to prove it, then people in your Dom or TT queue can see you play a lot of Dom and know your way around a smaller map. Whereas if you've got all the SR badges but none of the Dom/TT ones, the people in your Dom queue know you understand SR fine but might not be as familiar with Dom.

I know there have been several times that I've thought somebody in my team has been playing badly on Dom even though they're Silver/ Gold rated, and then they confess in chat that this is their first/second/etc. time on Dom and they don't really know what they're doing. Then I can pay extra attention to pinging and chatting directions at them because I know they need extra help. Having Dom badges might help point out these kinds of situations on top of being a nice goal for those of us who love Dom to aspire to.

So yes. I like this idea

Talith PA

01-17-2013

Sauron is forcing me to play SR because we don't get rewards for playing Dom. Riot pls appease the dark lord to spare me from his tyranny!

naotasan

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewarden View Post
Influence Point Reward System is already implemented in all game modes. But when it comes to rewarding for achieving a certain skill tier or climbing a ladder, there is absolutely no benefit for Dominion players.

When new players join League of Legends and they play a match of Dominion. They will most likely see someone with a different loading portrait border than them. The new players will ask how to get that border, everyone will tell them that they have to play ranked matches in Summoner Rift or Twisted Treeline. Therefore, they will stop playing Dominion just for that reward.
I was hoping my post would be seen for what I intended, sarcasm.
Obviously people didn't get my joke that 1 to 3 IP isn't really much of a reward.

Painkillar

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
Sauron is forcing me to play SR because we don't get rewards for playing Dom. Riot pls appease the dark lord to spare me from his tyranny!
Sauron called me "this guy," because i valued sleep over his SR rampage. please riot, have mercy on us. give tithes of ranked dominions to "that eye" before my sanity is lost.

inFe eD

01-17-2013

Well you know how dark lords are, gotta have their loots. Please bring us some so his reign of terror will be temporarily quelled.

Bewarden

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
I was hoping my post would be seen for what I intended, sarcasm.
Obviously people didn't get my joke that 1 to 3 IP isn't really much of a reward.
I understood the sarcasm. I +1'ed you.

But I did wanted to make myself clear since you DO get Influence Point reward for playing a match of Dominion. I only wish it was more rewarding as Summoner Rift or Twisted Treeline if you excel at Dominion.

Sauron

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkillar View Post
Sauron called me "this guy," because i valued sleep over his SR rampage. please riot, have mercy on us. give tithes of ranked dominions to "that eye" before my sanity is lost.
This guy.