Pick the Lane You Want!!!!! [Petition]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DangerousDZ

01-16-2013

Do you hate it when you join the chat room late and someone else has called "Top" lane or "ADC" and you were hoping to play that role?

Are you tired of people not willing to change roles and your team end up having two AD carries on bot lane and neither get enough CS to help win the game?

Do you hate wasting your time in draft selection when someone leaves because they can't get their way?

Do you wish you can go into queue with a guarantee that you will be the mid-laner?

If you answered "Yes!!!" to any of these question, I have a solution......

Riot should add another selection box called "Roles"
Currently before being placed into queue Riot asks for you to select a Game Mode (Classic, Dominion), Game Map (Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline etc..), Game Type (Normal, Normal Draft etc..).

Riot should add a "Role" selection were Summoners pick: top, mid, ADC, support, jungler or Any. This additional criteria would help with all the problems seen above. It would probably take longer for games to be matched up but all the time saved and frustration prevented would payoff.

If you like this solution please reply with "Sign me up!!!!"
If you don't like the solution but still hate the problems I mentioned, please reply "Fix this problem RIOT!!!!"

T Gundam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

really guy

Palaxion

03-30-2013

i like the idea. this would help for draft pick, but it would take away some of the draft pick-ness
plus, there could be trolls out there, so thats a downside. overall, its a good idea, it just needs to be worked on.

PromateurK

03-31-2013

i had this idea since long ago too, but first time seeing someone actually uploading a post like this. lol

well anyways guess i shud say "sign me up"!

BigPointyStick

04-01-2013

There's something like this in play already for World of Warcraft, their dungeon finder queue. I could see it potentially working, but I think the first step would be to have a consensus on what champ fits into what role, because otherwise people would probably still pick one thing and do whatever they want. For example, since support is usually the least called role, people wanting a faster queue time might pick support then go adc anyways.

Phobos1189

04-01-2013

One thing that I think would make this more plausible is if you could check off the role/s you were okay with doing. That way queue times aren't extremely long from looking for one position per summoner.

RiiotShielder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

If you are playing ranked you should be able to decently play any lane, honestly Riot should make some kind of guidebook to ranks that will go something like this

1. Thou shall respect the calls of those above thyself
2. Thou shall wait before locking thyself in
3. Thou must know how to play all lanes

(Note the 10-Commandments format for dramatization)

But seriously this would be a nice addition, perhaps a drag-n-drop kind of thing where you place your abilities one above another, and perhaps when a game is matched it assigns a role, however players will be able to trade roles or something, and not following a role is bannable (Easier to check, if you get assigned support and you go Gangplank/Smite, it's quite obvious you trolled), of course you would have to flesh this out a bit more, but I feel that if they spent time on it, it would significantly help reduce the amount of trolls.

NobleSerf

04-01-2013

"Sign me up!" It would be like WoW dungeons, which was a huge improvement to the dungeon system in eliminating trolls.

Twitch.tv/NobleSerf

jorghis

04-01-2013

This is a great idea, fighting over roles is the worst part of going into a new game. Even pro teams have all their players get really good at one specific role.

Yeah, I realize there are those who say you shouldn't play ranked unless you are a pro at every role. But frankly the reality is that most of us kind of suck at some of the roles. Let us play champs in the roles we like and are good at!

Gadriel28

04-18-2013

this is really a good idea, sign me up.